Applicants who score well on the Gaokao administered in June may be considered for admission for the Fall (August). Students will be reviewed based on their Gaokao Score, secondary school transcripts, and a personal interview with ORU faculty or staff.
Academic scholarships ranging from $6,000 to $13,000 may be awarded based on academic standing.
1. Submit a freshman application
Deadline for applications is July 15 for the Fall Semester or by December 1 for the Spring Semester. There is no application fee for students who apply online.
2. Transcript Requirements
- The applicant must have a minimum secondary school grade point average (GPA) of 2.6 (on a 4.0 scale) or a minimum General Education Diploma (GED) score of 52.
- A course-by-course evaluation of official transcripts/matriculation certificates/mark sheets and/or diplomas with English translation from your secondary school to a transcript evaluation agency through SpanTran, Scholaro, ECE, or a similar evaluation service recommended by AICE or NACES.
- ORU understands that the grading systems abroad are very different from the U.S. patterned grading system. The Office of Admissions reserves the right to assign letter grade equivalents based on nationally recognized standards when calculating equivalent GPA from academic records issued abroad.
3. Test Requirements
The applicant must submit a Gaokao test score to be considered for admission. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. Interview with ORU staff
The interview will be conducted by ORU staff and faculty with expertise in assessing English proficiency. Interviews will be conducted via Skype after the Gaokao has been received and reviewed.
5. Complete Financial Guarantee Form
When attending ORU on an F-1 student visa, all financial requirements must be proved in order for ORU to issue the immigration document I-20 form. The ORU Financial Guarantee Form must be completed fully including:
1. Signature of applicant with understanding of cost of education.
2. Signature of Affidavit and understanding of cost of education by the Guarantor.
3. Bank Statements of the Guarantor, not older than six months.
If the bank is unable to sign the Financial Guarantee Form, a letter from the bank on letterhead with seal and signature is required, verifying the financial ability of the Guarantor.
6. Passport Name Page
Please submit a clear photocopy of the biographic page of your passport. If you currently hold a visa in the U.S., please provide a clear copy of that as well.
7. Immunization Records
Prior to your enrollment, you will need to visit your family physician and together complete the Medical Assessment Form.
Submit up to date Immunization Records, including record of required immunizations
received within the last 12 months.
Click here to view all immunization requirements.
8. Enrollment Fee
The $200 enrollment fee will reserve students a spot in the upcoming class. Students may submit the enrollment fee upon submission of their financial guarantee forms.
Students can submit their deposit the following ways:
Phone: Call 800.678.8876 x1 to pay the deposit over the phone.
Online: Go to payonline.oru.edu to submit your online payment directly.
Mail: Western Union Money Orders may be mailed to:
Oral Roberts University
Office of Admissions
7777 South Lewis Avenue
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74171
United States of America
Contact Office of Admissions at +1 800.678.8876 or email@example.com for more information.