Congratulations on being accepted to Oral Roberts University! We want to make your journey to ORU smooth and simple. As a newly accepted graduate student, you have been assigned to a Graduate Enrollment Counselor who will help you navigate registration, answer questions and more.
Locate your Z-number (ex. “Z12345678”) on your acceptance letter. Your Z-number uniquely identifies you, so keep it nearby, store it on your phone and remember it because you’ll need it throughout the registration process.
It’s time to explore VISION — the site where ORU students do everything from completing registration to viewing final course grades, unofficial transcripts and more! To log in to your VISION account, follow these steps:
- Go to vision.oru.edu.
- Select LOGIN WITH Z-NUMBER & PIN.
- Type your Z-NUMBER and PIN (your pin is your six-digit birth date, mmddyy). This will be your password until you change it.
REGISTER FOR THE SEMESTER
- Once you’ve logged in to VISION, select REGISTRATION QUICK LINKS then REGISTRATION STEPS/ONLINE BOOKSTORE.
- Select your TERM OF ENTRY. This will take you to your Registration Steps for the term selected. You will see two paragraphs of instructions directed to ORU’s on-campus students. Do not be alarmed by the dates or deadlines listed.
- Click INCOMPLETE next to ORU EMAIL in your Registration Steps.
- At the bottom of the page, select a USERNAME/EMAIL address that meets the criteria listed and is available. You will see an automated, preset email address. You may choose the preset address or delete the preset address and create your own.
- Create a SEVEN-CHARACTER PASSWORD containing both lowercase and uppercase letters and a number.
- Click CREATE ACCOUNT.
- To log in to your ORU email account, visit mail.oru.edu. It’s important to save mail.oru.edu on your phone and computer. Be sure to check your inbox often because all email communication from ORU will be sent to your student email address from this point forward.
STEP 2 - CHECK YOUR STUDENT PROFILE
Now that you’ve created your username and password, you can log back in to VISION to see your Student Profile. This unique profile is where you’ll go to complete your registrations steps, enroll in classes, access grades, view transcripts and so much more!
- Go to VISION and select LOGIN WITH USERNAME AND PASSWORD.
- Select REGISTRATION QUICK LINKS.
- Select STUDENT PROFILE. From your profile, you can also access your Registration Steps using the ADDITIONAL LINKS on the left side of the screen (computer) or to the right of your profile picture (mobile).
STEP 3 - COMPLETE ADDRESS VERIFICATION
Click INCOMPLETE next to ADDRESS VERIFICATION on your list of Registration Steps. Fill out all information for Local Address, Permanent Address and Next of Kin. Click COMPLETE ADDRESS VERIFICATION.
STEP 4 - COMPLETE STUDENT AUTHORIZATION, RELEASE AND FINANCIAL CONTRACT
Click INCOMPLETE next to STUDENT AUTHORIZATION, RELEASE AND FINANCIAL CONTRACT on your list of Registration Steps. Review the information, and if you agree with the terms stated, click the box that reads, “By checking this box, I indicate that I have read and I agree to the terms of the Student Authorization, Release and Financial Contract.”
Please Note: Although some INCOMPLETE tabs remain, know that by completing the above steps, you have successfully registered for the semester.
STEP 5 - COMPLETE A BACKGROUND CHECK (ONLY DEGREE-SEEKING GRADUATE EDUCATION STUDENTS)
All degree-seeking Master and Doctor of Education students are conditionally accepted until they complete a background check. This allows students to participate in practicum assignments on school campuses. To initiate this process, contact your Graduate Enrollment Counselor at 918.495.6518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENROLL IN CLASSES
STEP 1 - DOWNLOAD YOUR DEGREE PLAN SHEET
Before registering for classes, you will need to download a copy of your degree plan sheet. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to degreeplansheets.oru.edu.
- Select an ACADEMIC YEAR (e.g. Academic Year 2019-2020)
- Select the DEPARTMENT that matches the Graduate School you are attending: Business (Graduate), Education (Graduate), or Theology & Ministry (Graduate). Note: If you do not see the appropriate department, select an earlier academic year.
- Click on the degree plan sheet that matches your program. Note: If you do not see a degree plan sheet that matches your program, select an earlier academic year.
- Download your degree plan sheet.
STEP 2 - REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Now that you have your degree plan sheet in hand, it’s time to register for classes.
Note for MBA and LMBA students: your Enrollment Counselor will enroll you in classes for your first semester. All others can follow these steps:
- On your STUDENT PROFILE, select REGISTRATION using the ADDITIONAL LINKS on the left side of the screen (computer) or to the right of your profile picture (mobile). You can also access this screen by clicking INCOMPLETE next to ENROLLMENT on your list of Registration Steps.
- If the next screen displays your degree name and advisor name, select OK even if the wrong advisor is named. You will be assigned an advisor at the beginning of the semester who will assist you along your journey toward graduation.
- Select CLASS SEARCH.
- Scroll down and select one or more subjects that match the Graduate School you are
- GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS: Grad Business Administration, Grad International Business, Graduate Accounting, Graduate Business Leveling, Graduate Finance, Graduate Management, Graduate Marketing, Leadership MBA, or Graduate HPE.
- GRADUATE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION: Graduate Education Administration, Graduate Professional Education, Graduate Christian School Education, Graduate Special Education, or Graduate HPE.
- GRADUATE SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY AND MINISTRY: Graduate Bible, Graduate Counseling, Graduate Practices of Ministry, Graduate Theology, Doctor of Ministry, Proficiencies (GTHE), or Graduate HPE.
- Select COURSE SEARCH. This will display all courses for the selected subjects.
- To view a course by its different options (e.g. date, time, location and instructor), select VIEW SECTION next to the course.
- To register for a course, check the course you want and click REGISTER.
- If you are unable to register for classes online, contact the Registrar at 918.495.6549 or email@example.com. Be sure to include your Z-number in any correspondence.
- Congratulations, you are now enrolled in your first course! Once you have enrolled
at least part-time for the semester and have completed a Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA), ORU’s Financial Aid department will create a financial aid package
for you, which will outline your grant and loan options.
- To be considered part-time, you must be enrolled in at least 4.5 credit hours. If you are a student in either the D.Min, Ed.D or LMBA program, you only need to be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours to be considered part-time.
- For instructions on how to file your FAFSA, see below.
STEP 1 - FILE YOUR FAFSA (U.S. STUDENTS ONLY)
If you haven’t already, you need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov. Make sure you have the results sent to ORU by entering ORU’s code (003985) when prompted for the school code.
Note: Once you have enrolled at least part-time for the semester and have completed your FAFSA, ORU’s Financial Aid department will create a financial aid package for you, which will outline your grant and loan options. To be considered part-time, you must be enrolled in at least 4.5 credit hours. If you are a student in either the D.Min, Ed.D or LMBA program, you only need to enroll in at least 3 credit hours to be considered part-time.
STEP 2 - SEND MEDICAL ASSESSMENT AND IMMUNIZATION RECORDS (RESIDENTIAL STUDENTS ONLY)
All master’s level residential students in the Graduate School of Business and Graduate School of Theology and Ministry are required to turn in an immunization record and health assessment form prior to enrollment. Doctoral, modular and online students are not required to do this. To view immunization requirements and download the appropriate forms, visit studenthealth.oru.edu. To complete these forms, obtain an appointment with your physician and receive your remaining immunization records. When finished, email all completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP 3 - HEALTH INSURANCE
Having health insurance is not required in order to complete registration. However, we strongly recommend you have health insurance coverage. If you currently have a valid health insurance plan, please provide this information in VISION by clicking OPTIONAL next to INSURANCE in your Registration Steps.
STEP 4 - COMPLETE YOUR FINANCIAL AID FILE
This step includes selecting or declining individual financial aid offers as listed on your financial aid award letter, as well as applying for loans as needed. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Log in to VISION.
- Select REGISTRATION QUICK LINKS.
- Select ACCEPT YOUR FINANCIAL AID AWARDS.
- Decide which offers to accept. If you have any questions about this step, please contact your Enrollment Counselor at 918.495.6518 or email@example.com.
Please Note: More requirements will be generated and will appear on VISION for you to complete. For example, Direct Loan borrowers will need to complete master promissory notes and entrance counseling. To avoid registration delays, complete any outstanding requirements prior to arriving on campus.
STEP 5 - FEDERAL PROCESS OF VERIFICATION
About one in three students will be selected for the federal process of verification. If you were selected, you’ll see notices in VISION and in your ORU email of what documentation ORU Financial Aid needs in order to verify the information submitted on your FAFSA. You may send these documents to Financial Aid by scanning them as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing them to 918.495.6803.
Please submit your verification documents as soon as possible and note that the Financial Aid Office cannot accept U.S. Tax Returns in fulfilling verification requirements. If you are unable to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool at the time you submit your FAFSA, you will need to request income tax transcripts to substantiate your income figures. Not all students will be selected for the federal process of verification. This process may add an additional three to four weeks to your application process. Therefore, please complete the financial aid process early to avoid delays during registration.
STEP 6 - PAY OFF YOUR BALANCE OR BEGIN A TMS PAYMENT PLAN
Payment of student charges is due by the first day of the semester. Students may pay their charges (tuition and fees) utilizing verifiable financial aid, monthly installment payments on the TMS payment plan (information below), cash, check, credit card, money order or wire transfer. Payment may be made online through your VISION account with a credit card or electronic check (ACH). For International Students, we recommend Flywire (flywire.com), which offers payment options with guaranteed low rates for currency conversion.
TMS is an optional payment plan that divides your outstanding balance into 4 to 12 monthly installments without charging interest. TMS is not financing and does not affect credit. Students can set up a TMS account by visiting afford.com/oru or calling 800.722.4867. This method of payment is optional and students can choose to withdraw from TMS at any time in order to pay their charges with one of the alternative methods listed above.
STEP 7 - ORDER YOUR TEXTBOOKS
Whether you want to purchase, rent or use digital books, consider ordering your books early from the University Bookstore. Under your Registration Steps in VISION, click the button that says PURCHASE BOOKS FROM THE ORU BOOKSTORE. If you order in advance, books will be ready for you to pick up when you arrive on campus. If using extra financial aid funds to purchase books, you must approve moving funds to your Eagle Card. Funds can be moved in VISION during the first two weeks of the semester.
STEP 8 - COMPLETE REGISTRATION - YOU’RE NOT FINISHED UNTIL YOU DO THIS!
To confirm you have completed all registration steps for your first semester, log in to VISION and view your list of Registration Steps. Items in BLUE are completed. Items in RED are incomplete and required. Items in GREEN are optional. Select the final step (#9) when the remaining steps are BLUE or GREEN. Once you have completed registration, you will receive a copy of your registration worksheet at your ORU email address. Double-check the worksheet in your email or in VISION to make sure it says COMPLETE. Please keep the completed worksheet for your records.
If you are having trouble completing your Registration Steps, please connect with your Enrollment Counselor at 918.495.6518 or email@example.com.
NOTE FOR ALL INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
International students must check-in with the International Admissions Office before their registration can be finalized. If all registration steps are complete, including payment arrangements, but you are delayed in arriving, please contact Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918.495.6370 for a temporary completion to avoid the late registration fee pending your international check-in.