Our graduates can proudly showcase their diplomas and write Oral Roberts University on their résumé. Not only do we hold the accreditation standards set by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of the top outside regulators in the U.S., but we also carry twelve additional accreditations.
UNIVERSITY ACCREDITATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- The Higher Learning Commission
- Member, Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- Member, Oklahoma Independent Colleges and Universities (OICU)
- Member, Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Member, National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Oklahoma Regents for Higher Education
ACCREDITATIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMS AND DEPARTMENTS
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS)
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Office of Educational Quality and Accountability
- Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- American Music Therapy Association (AMTA)
Oral Roberts University has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA).
Participation in SARA grants ORU authorization to deliver distance education in SARA member states. Forty-nine states (all but California), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands are members of SARA. The California Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education does not require registration from non-profit, accredited institutions, such as ORU, to deliver distance education.
Physical Location Authorizations
Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
Oral Roberts University complies with 70 O.S. §4103 and may operate as a degree-granting institution in Oklahoma, based on its participation in the Oklahoma Tuition Equalization Grant program.
Louisiana Board of Regents
Oral Roberts University is exempt from licensure because it is an institution offering only religious degrees in the state of Louisiana.
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Oral Roberts University is exempt from licensure because it is an institution offering programs of religious instruction in the state of Texas.
Texas Workforce Commission
Oral Roberts University is exempt from Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code under Section 132.002(a)(6).
Student Location Policy
Federal regulations require institutions to determine the location of their students for the purpose of licensure disclosures (34 CFR § 668.43). ORU’s student location policy is available here.