Oral Roberts University is authorized by the U.S. government to admit students in F-1, student visa status. In order to obtain an F-1 visa you must first be admitted into Oral Roberts University. Once you are admitted, you will receive acceptance letters and the Form I-20. You will use the acceptance letters and Form I-20 to apply for your student visa.

There are a few other visa types that can be accepted at ORU. H-4, L-2, and R-2 dependent visas, for applicants under the age of 21, can be accepted. Before turning age 21 the dependent must apply for a change of status to F-1. If you are on any of these dependent visas your admissions requirements are a little different from students applying for F-1 status. You will not need to submit the Financial Guarantee Form. Your guardian or primary visa holder (H-1B, L-1, R-1) will need to submit documents of their current status. Please contact the Coordinator of International Students for further details if applying to ORU on a dependent visa.

If you are interested in visiting ORU during your admissions application process (before you are accepted into ORU), you will need to apply for the visitor's visa, B1/B2. If you decide to visit ORU with the B visa, it is very important that your visitor's visa is stamped "Prospective Student." If you come to visit the campus without the "Prospective Student" stamp, there could be complications in receiving your student F1 visa when you have been accepted for full-time study.

Visa Application Process
Visa Interview
Tips for a successful F-1 student visa interview


Take the next step
toward your career.