- Passport valid for at least six months
- Form I-20 signed by a school official and by the applicant
- School admissions letters
- Completed visa applications (DS-160)
- Two photographs in prescribed format (travel.state.gov)
- Receipt for F-1 visa application
- Receipt for the SEVIS fee
- Financial Guarantee Form and supporting bank statement
- Information proving intention to return to home country after studies
Verification of all school transcripts and tests taken
What to do if your visa is denied
- If your visa is denied, get a reason in writing.
- Notify the International Student Coordinator at ORU immediately so that your record can be deferred to the next semester. The SEVIS fee will not be refunded. However, if you reapply for a new F-1 visa within 12 months of the denial, you will not have to pay the fee again.
- Re-apply and present new information.