CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING ACCEPTED TO ORAL ROBERTS UNIVERSITY!
Follow the steps below to complete enrollment as a new online student at Oral Roberts University.
COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION
Welcome to Oral Roberts University! We want to make your journey to ORU smooth and simple. You have been assigned to an Admissions Representative who will help you navigate registration, answer questions and pray with you. You can connect with your Admissions Representative by calling 918.495.6363 or emailing email@example.com.
Locate your Z-number (ex. “Z12345678”) on your acceptance letter. Your Z-number uniquely identifies you, so keep it nearby, store it on your phone and remember it because you’ll need it throughout the registration process.
It’s time to explore VISION — the site where ORU students do everything from completing registration to viewing final course grades, unofficial transcripts and more! To log in to your VISION account, follow these steps:
- Go to vision.oru.edu.
- Select LOGIN WITH Z-NUMBER & PIN.
- Type your Z-NUMBER and PIN (your pin is your six-digit birth date, mmddyy). This will be your password until you change it.
- Once you’ve logged in to VISION, select PERSONAL INFORMATION then CREATE/UPDATE USERNAME, PASSWORD AND EMAIL ADDRESS.
- At the bottom of the page, select a USERNAME/EMAIL address that meets the criteria listed and is available. You will see an automated, preset email address. You may choose the preset address or delete the preset address and create your own.
- Create a SEVEN-CHARACTER PASSWORD containing both lowercase and uppercase letters and a number.
- Click CREATE ACCOUNT.
- To log in to your ORU email account, visit mail.oru.edu. It’s important to save mail.oru.edu on your phone and computer. Be sure to check your inbox often because all email communication from ORU will be sent to your student email address from this point forward.
Now that you’ve created your username and password, you can log back in to VISION to see your Student Profile. This unique profile is where you’ll go to complete your registration steps, enroll in classes, access grades, view transcripts and so much more!
- Go to VISION and select LOGIN WITH USERNAME AND PASSWORD.
- Select REGISTRATION QUICK LINKS.
- Select STUDENT PROFILE. From your profile, you can also access your Registration Steps using the ADDITIONAL LINKS on the left side of the screen (computer) or to the right of your profile picture (mobile).
Federal regulation requires us to maintain current and accurate address information for every student. To ensure this, your address information must be re-entered every Spring, Summer, and Fall to complete registration.
Once logged in to VISION, select REGISTRATION QUICK LINKS > REGISTRATION STEPS/ONLINE BOOKSTORE >TERM OF ENTRY (e.g., FALL 2020).
Click INCOMPLETE next to ADDRESS VERIFICATION in your REGISTRATION STEPS.
To complete address verification, please enter your information then press the COMPLETE ADDRESS VERIFICATION button.
Click INCOMPLETE next to STUDENT AUTHORIZATION, RELEASE AND FINANCIAL CONTRACT on your list of Registration Steps. Review the information, and if you agree with the terms stated, click the box that reads, “By checking this box, I indicate that I have read and I agree to the terms of the Student Authorization, Release and Financial Contract.”
Please note: Although some INCOMPLETE tabs remain, know that by completing the above steps, you have successfully registered for your first ORU Online session.
If you haven’t already, you need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov. Make sure you have the results sent to ORU by entering ORU’s code (003985) when prompted for the school code.
Please note: Once you have enrolled at least part-time for the semester and have completed your FAFSA, ORU’s Financial Aid department will create a financial aid package for you, which will outline your grant and loan options. To be considered part-time, undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours and graduate students must be enrolled in at least 4.5 credit hours. A new FAFSA will need to be submitted before each fall session.
Once you receive notification from ORU Financial Aid award is complete, you will want to accept or decline the individual financial aid offers as listed on your financial aid award letter, as well as applying for loans as needed. To do this, follow these instructions:
- Log in to VISION.
- Select REGISTRATION QUICK LINKS.
- Select ACCEPT YOUR FINANCIAL AID AWARDS.
- Decide which offers to accept.
If you are selected for Verification, please click here.
Please note: More requirements will be generated and will appear on VISION for you to complete. For example, Direct Loan borrowers will need to complete master promissory notes and entrance counseling.
Payment of student charges is due by the first day of the semester. Students may pay their charges (tuition and fees) utilizing verifiable financial aid, monthly installment payments (information below), cash, check, credit card, money order or wire transfer. Payment may be made online through your VISION account with a credit card or electronic check (ACH).
For International Students, we recommend Flywire, which offers payment options with guaranteed low rates for currency conversion.
Students have the option to set up a monthly payment plan that divides your outstanding balance into monthly installments without charging interest. This plan is not financing and does not affect credit. To set up a monthly payment plan, locate the Payment Options listed underneath your registration steps on Vision. Select Option 1 "Enroll in a Monthly Payment Plan."
To confirm you have completed all registration steps for your first semester, log in to VISION and view your list of Registration Steps. Items in BLUE are completed. Items in RED are incomplete and required. Items in GREEN are optional. Select the final step (#9) when the remaining steps are BLUE or GREEN. Once you have completed registration, you will receive a copy of your registration worksheet at your ORU email address. Double-check the worksheet in your email or in VISION to make sure it says COMPLETE.
Please keep the completed worksheet for your records. If you are having trouble completing your Registration Steps, please connect with your Admissions Representative at 918.495.6363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.