The Computing & Mathematics Advisory Council is an external group of alumni and friends of the Department of Computing and Mathematics at Oral Roberts University. The Council supports and advises the faculty in developing and accomplishing department goals and objectives, promotes the department in the community, and contributes to the well-being of the department and its students.
Council members contribute by doing the following:
- Providing advice and counsel to the faculty and department chair on important issues related to the programs, students, and outreach of the department.
- Providing information regarding relevant required knowledge, needed skills, and trends in technology industries to help guide academic offerings.
- Promoting and participating in new initiatives, such as initial and continuing accreditation.
- Promoting and participating in extending the reach and influence of the department to the larger community.
- Providing advice and counsel on broader STEM issues, programs, and initiatives.
- Engaging and actively supporting the fundraising efforts of the department.
He has over 20 years’ experience in both Information Technology and management, with a diverse background in various...
Trey Bomier serves as the Director of the Institute for Emerging Technologies at Saint Francis Health System...
Brent Lewis serves as the Director of Digital Platform Technology and Innovation for BOK Financial. In his role....
Scott Carr is a seasoned business executive with over 30 years’ experience in Computer Science and Information Technology Management ....
Grant Wachendorf has a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematical finance (2016) from Oral Roberts University. He currently serves as ...
All full-time Computing and Mathematics faculty also serve on the Advisory Council:
- Dr. Andrew Lang, Department Chair, Mathematics Professor
- Dr. William Collier, Senior Professor of Chemistry
- Dr. JayneAnn Harder, Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Professor LeighAnne Locke, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Professor Sasha Turtova, Lecturer of Mathematical Linguistics
- Dr. Enrique Valderrama Araya, Professor of Mathematics
- Eric Walker, Director of Game Design and Development
- Dr. Stephen Wheat, Senior Professor of Computer Science
- Dr. Jan Woerner, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
September 11, 2023
(L to R) – Leighanne Locke, Brent Lewis, Trey Bomier, Dr. Stephen Wheat, Sasha Turtova, Suzanne Behr (CMAC Chair), Kim Sellers, Dr. Jayne Ann Harder, Dane Boswell, Andrew Morris, Dr. Jan Woerner, Dr. Andrew Lang (CM Department Chair).
Missing from photo:
Brien Brown, Andy Tripp, , Debra Sowell, Dr. Enrique Valderrama, Eric Walker.