The Computing & Mathematics Advisory Council is an external group of alumni and friends of the Department of Computing and Mathematics at Oral Roberts University. The Council supports and advises the faculty in developing and accomplishing department goals and objectives, promotes the department in the community, and contributes to the well-being of the department and its students.
Council members contribute by doing the following:
- Providing advice and counsel to the faculty and department chair on important issues related to the programs, students, and outreach of the department.
- Providing information regarding relevant required knowledge, needed skills, and trends in technology industries to help guide academic offerings.
- Promoting and participating in new initiatives, such as initial and continuing accreditation.
- Promoting and participating in extending the reach and influence of the department to the larger community.
- Providing advice and counsel on broader STEM issues, programs, and initiatives.
- Engaging and actively supporting the fundraising efforts of the department.
Dr. Debra Sowell
ORU VPAA (Retired)
Dr. Debra Sowell is a retired tenured professor in the Department of Computing and Mathematics at Oral Roberts University...
(Retired), VP of Engineering, Sercel GRC
Suzanne Behr has a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics and chemistry from ORU, an MBA from OSU, a Masters of Science engineering from TU, and a Certificate in Theology and...
Software Engineer, Flight Safety
Andrew Morris is a Staff Software Engineer at FlightSafety International Simulation. He graduated summa cum laude from Oral Roberts University...
Senior Global Process Consultant, Hilti, Inc.
He holds a B.S. degree in Management Information System (Class ’93) and MBA from Oral Roberts University. He is currently employed as Senior Global Process...
Senior Vice President of Technology, TTCU Federal Credit Union.
He has over 20 years’ experience in both Information Technology and management, with a diverse background in various...
Database Consultant Sellers Consulting
Kim Sellers graduated from ORU in 1981 with a Bachelor’s of Science degree...
Executive Director of Operations, Saint Francis Health System - Muskogee Hospital
Trey Bomier serves as the Director of the Institute for Emerging Technologies at Sain Francis Health System...
VP and Chief Information Officer, ONEOK
Brien Brown is the Vice President and Chief Information Officer for ONEOK...
Director of Digital Platform Technolgy and Innovation, BOK Financial
Brent Lewis serves as the Director of Digital Platform Technology and Innovation for BOK Financial. In his role....
All full-time Computing and Mathematics faculty also serve on the Advisory Council:
- Dr. Andrew Lang, Department Chair, Mathematics Professor
- Dr. JayneAnn Harder, Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Professor LeighAnne Locke, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Dr. J. Bryan Osborne, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Professor Sasha Turtova, Lecturer of Mathematical Linguistics
- Dr. Enrique Valderrama Araya, Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Eric Walker, Director of Game Design and Development
- Dr. Stephen Wheat, Professor of Computer Science
- Dr. Jan Woerner, Assistant Professor of Computer Science
March 6, 2023
Front row, left to right - Eric Walker, Suzanne Behr (CMAC Chair), Jayne Ann Harder, Kim Sellers, Sasha Turtova, Bryan Osborne
Middle row, left to right - Leighanne Locke, Kenny Mullican, Brien Brown, Debbie Sowell, Dane Boswell
Back row, left to right - Andrew Lang(Department Chair), Enrique Valderrama, Stephen Wheat, Jan Woerner, Trey Bomier, Brent Lewis, Andrew Morris
Unable to attend - Andy Tripp