Bachelor of Education in
English Language in the Global Classroom
English has become the international language for business, science, and culture, and teachers are in demand across the globe. The College of Education offers you the unique opportunity to graduate in four years with dual certification. A Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in English Language in the Global Classroom prepares you to teach English as a foreign language internationally and in the U.S., and also enables you to teach middle school English in the U.S. Aligned with national and state standards, successfully completed programs lead to Oklahoma Teacher Certification and can be transferred to other states as well as internationally.
Degree Plan for B.Ed. in English Language in the Global Classroom
What can I do with a degree in English Language in the Global Classroom?
- Teach English language learners internationally at all levels
- Teach middle-school English in the U.S.
- Serve in churches and non-profit institutions
- Missions and international education
- Curriculum/product development and sales
What are some of the core experiences?
- Active, hands-on learning with experienced faculty committed to your success
- Small classes with personal attention
- Extensive (150 hours) classroom experiences throughout the degree program in a variety of settings
- Supervised international teaching
- Learn principles of language acquisition, linguistics, teaching methods, and culture
What makes ORU’s English Language in the Global Classroom program stand out?
- Two certifications, ELL and Middle-School English, are earned in the time and expense usually required for one
- Dual certification to prepare you to teach overseas, but also provides an Oklahoma Teacher Certification
- International teaching experience
- An innovative learning environment that includes avatars, technology-enhanced learning strategies, and Google Level 1 and 2 certifications
- Nationally recognized mentoring program for ongoing support through your first year of teaching
- Faculty who model the integration of faith and learning, professional and Spirit-empowered
- The ORU experience—a challenging, supportive learning community
ORU's Fast Track program offers you the opportunity to complete up to 12 hours of graduate course work as an undergraduate student…with no additional cost! For more information click here.
Are there scholarships available?
Nearly 100% of our full-time, undergraduate residential students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship.
Quest Whole Leader Scholarship
General ORU Scholarships and Financial Aid
College of Education Scholarships (Applications available every spring for current ORU College of Education candidates)
Dr. Jared Johnston
Interim Undergraduate Chair