The Anna Vaughn College of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW Suite, 530, Washington, D.C. 20036-1120,
The Anna Vaughn College of Nursing is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing, 2915 N Classen, Suite 524, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73106, (405) 962-1821.
- Graduates are prepared to write the National Council of State Boards Examination for licensure as a registered nurse.
- Graduates may take the Exam at any approved site in the United States, American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, or Virgin Islands.
- Each graduate chooses the state of his or her original licensure.
- The graduate contacts the board of nursing in the state where seeking licensure for state-specific requirements and deadlines.
- The NCLEX-RN Candidate submits an application for licensure to the board of nursing in the state he or she desires to be licensed.
- NCLEX-RN Candidates Frequently-Asked Questions
NCLEX-RN PASS RATES
The Oklahoma Board of Nursing annually publishes NCLEX-RN pass rates for nursing programs throughout the state. The following link will take you to the most recently published pass-rates.
NURSE LICENSURE COMPACT
The Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) enables multistate licensure for nurses, giving them the ability to practice across state lines.
The following information is published by the American Association of College of Nursing
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2012), the Registered Nursing Workforce
will grow faster than any other occupation through 2020.The Bureau of Labor projects
that by 2020, the R.N. workforce will rise to 3.45 million, a 26% increase over 2010.The
Bureau of Labor projects 1.2 million job openings for RNs by 2020.The "United States
Registered Nurse Workforce Report Card and Shortage Forecast" projects a shortage
of Registered Nurses through 2030, with shortages most intense in southern and western
regions of the country.
AACN Fact Sheet
ORU Nurse Graduates Employment Status
Search Thousands of Entry Level Jobs, Externships, & Scholarship Opportunities on CampusRN.
CampusRN has $15,000 in Scholarships Available to Nursing & Allied Health Students.
The curriculum for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing provides a broad, general background for professional nursing.
Distance learning provides flexible quality academic programs that accommodate adult learners who seek to better equip themselves educationally.