Doctor of Nursing Practice
Oral Roberts University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice is primarily completed online, with an annual three-day onsite residency component. As part of the esteemed Anna Vaughn College of Nursing, the DNP consists of a Family Nurse Practitioner tract which specifically targets BSN RNs who will have completed at least 2,000 hours of professional nursing practice prior to enrollment in year two of the program.
The Doctor of Nursing Practice is a practice-oriented degree and prepares you to translate and test research findings in clinical practice settings. Our unique mission to develop Spirit-empowered leaders will enable you to improve healthcare systems through evidence-based research. While serving in your preferred environment, the DNP program will allow you to learn current technologies and practices that enhance nursing knowledge and patient education.
POTENTIONAL OCCUPATIONS INCLUDE:
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Healthcare Manager
- Healthcare Policy Advocate
- Nurse Executive
- Nurse Educator
WHAT ABOUT ACCREDITATION?
The Commission for Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) is the accrediting body for the undergraduate program. The College will seek accreditation for the DNP program prior to graduation of the first class. ORU Online is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and utilizes the same world-class curriculum as traditional courses.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME TO GRADUATE?
This program is 70-credit hours. You could complete this degree in as little as 36 months when you enroll full-time. We consider full-time enrollment for this program as taking one 3-credit hour course over a 7-week term with 6 terms per year. DNP core courses comprise 34 credit hours; FNP core courses comprise 32.5 credit hours and the remaining 3.5 credit hours are spent in ORU distinctive courses. Students meet with their cohort every two weeks in an instructor-led webinar. Beyond course work, the DNP includes a requirement of at least 1,000 clinical hours.
HOW MUCH DOES THIS PROGRAM COST?
Our affordable tuition means your finances go further. In addition, many students benefit from federal aid and our interest-free payment plan. To view your cost, click here.
ANY OTHER REASONS TO COMPLETE MY DEGREE ONLINE WITH ORU?
- Graduate on time with a Success Coach who will walk with you every step of the way.
- Fit classes into your schedule so you can balance work and family commitments.
- Receive academic support with easy access to caring professors and helpful learning resources.
- Access classes anytime and anywhere with our mobile-friendly and user-friendly online platform.
- Learn from highly qualified nursing instructors with years of nursing and teaching knowledge.
- Experience a unique approach to nursing, focused on caring for the whole person - body, mind and spirit - with both patients and our students.
Ask us about our FREE introductory 7-day Graduate Orientation class that will jump-start your graduate studies. Experience what students around the world have gained earning a degree with ORU Online.