In today's highly mobile and fast-paced society, it can be difficult to earn a residential degree at the graduate level. But through the ORU College of Theology and Ministry's (GSTM) fully accredited Modular Program, people can see their educational dreams become a reality. The GSTM Modular Program offers a combination of delivery systems: 1) fully online courses; 2) blended courses that allow students to attend class on campus for all or half of a 5-day intensive week each semester, while completing the rest of the course work online; 3) modular courses, which include pre-course work, a week in the classroom, and post-course work. It is a unique schedule, tailor-made for students seeking spiritual, academic, and professional training, while maintaining their current jobs and homes.
Reasons to choose ORU's Modular Program:
- Our unique schedule is tailor-made for students seeking spiritual, academic, and professional training, while maintaining their current jobs and homes.
- The program offers a quality professional education with a charismatic dimension.
- Blended courses are offered once per semester (one week on campus equals in-class time for two classes/6 credit hours). Online courses are offered for the full 15 week term and require no onsite visit.
- The same faculty teach the same course content offered in the residential program.
- Curriculum prepares ministers and leaders for the 21st century.
- Distance library resources are available.
- Professors who are experienced in their respective fields give valuable instruction and impart their spirit of excellence.
- Students build relationship with professors and with one another in a supportive,
Master of Divinity
Master of Arts IN Practical Theology
In addition to the M.A. in Practical Theology, two concentrations are available:
- M.A. in Practical Theology/Teaching Ministries Concentration.
- M.A. in Practical Theology/Urban Ministry Concentration
- Designed to equip individuals for excellence in ministry in the local church
- Prepares students by increasing competency and understanding in the Word of God and practices of ministry
- Requires 48 credit hours
- Students take up to 12 on-campus week-long modules and several courses via the Internet
- Allows specialized, focused electives
- Provides a biblical/theological /practical ministry foundation.