An ALEKS-PPL score is a prerequisite for every entry-level mathematics course at ORU. All students will be required to take the ALEKS Placement Assessment before being allowed to enroll in any entry-level mathematics course at ORU. This includes:
- entering transfer students who do not have transfer credits that satisfy math courses prerequisites.
- all international students.
- students working off old degree plans where MAT 105 - College Algebra is the required Mathematics General Ed course.
- any student who doesn't have a college Math credit on their transcipt.
- students who have taken Math Concepts I and II are still required to take ALEKS.
The only exemptions from taking ALEKS are:
- students who received AP college credit toward either Calculus or Statistics, and the AP credit appears on their ORU transcript.
- students who have completed MAT 105 - College Algebra with a grade of C or higher, either at ORU or by the bonafide transfer of credit for MAT 105 - College Algebra or a higher Math course.
A student who does not otherwise meet course prerequisites and does NOT take the ALEKS Placement Test will only be eligible to enroll in MAT 099 - Introduction to College Mathematics.