UNDERGRADUATE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
PUTTING THE PIECES TOGETHER TO PAY FOR COLLEGE
- Working out the finances to attend college at ORU is a lot like assembling a jigsaw
puzzle. At first, it can feel overwhelming. It's important to know that there are
resources aimed at assisting you to fulfill your goal of earning a college degree
and that it's wise to pursue as many opportunities as possible. You may be offered
one or more scholarships and also grant assistance. Along with your family, you may
then decide to borrow some part of needed funds or make monthly payments. However,
it comes together for you, know that investing in a college education is a solid investment
in your future.
- If you are attending ORU for the fall semester, please reference the checklist below
to ensure your financial aid is complete!
- All students must be admitted to an ORU undergraduate or graduate degree program by
the ORU Admissions Office in order to receive financial aid. To begin and application,
- File your taxes: US citizens should file your tax returns electronically as soon as
possible. Allow about two weeks, and then begin the process of filing the Free Application
for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The time elapsed between the two processes allows
you the option of automatically populating portions of your FAFSA directly from you
and your parents' IRS tax return.
- Fill out the FAFSA: By completing the FAFSA, you will learn your eligibility for Federal Grant and Loan
assistance. It is also a required step for many scholarships offered by the University
and often by external sources as well. The FAFSA must be filed each year you will
be enrolled full time in the University. Click here to get started! Be sure to use
ORU's school code (003985) to have your information sent directly to ORU.
- Check Your Financial Aid Package: Students entering the University in the Fall semester
are packaged with aid beginning in February or March once the FAFSA is complete. Students
entering in the Spring semester are generally packaged in November. Students should
access their email regularly for online financial aid award notifications. You may
view your financial aid package by accessing http://vision.oru.edu.
- Accept Your Awards Online: Complete your financial aid file via http://vision.oru.edu
- Turn in Any Requested Documentation: You may access http://vision.oru.edu to complete your financial aid file. Mail documents to Oral Roberts University; ATTN:
Financial Aid Office; 7777 S. Lewis Ave; Tulsa, OK 74171 Fax documents to 918.495.6803.
- If you would like to investigate your private loan options, visit this educational loans page.
- If you plan to attend summer courses, federal financial aid may be available. Once
you have enrolled in your summer class, submit your Request for Summer School Financial
Aid online. Completed applications received before April 1 are guaranteed to be processed before the
beginning of the summer term. Summer financial aid follows the FAFSA used for the
preceding fall and spring terms. Students who are not seeking federal aid but utilize
Employee Benefits, MASST or Athletic aid are also required to submit this form in
addition to any forms required by the scholarship granting department. Note: If you
change your summer enrollment after you have been awarded aid, you will need to re-submit
the online form so that the Financial Aid Office can review your aid for any changes.
If you change your schedule and do not re-submit the form, you will be responsible
for any delays or balance incurred by an incorrect aid package.
Let us know what questions you have along the way. Please feel free to contact your
Enrollment Counselor or the Student Service Group at 918.495.6510 or email@example.com at any time.