UNDERGRADUATE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
PUTTING THE PIECES TOGETHER TO PAY FOR COLLEGE
- Working out the finances to attend college at ORU is a lot like assembling a jigsaw puzzle. At first, it can feel overwhelming. It's important to know that there are resources aimed at assisting you to fulfill your goal of earning a college degree and that it's wise to pursue as many opportunities as possible. You may be offered one or more scholarships and also grant assistance. Along with your family, you may then decide to borrow some part of needed funds or make monthly payments. However, it comes together for you, know that investing in a college education is a solid investment in your future.
- If you are attending ORU for the fall semester, please reference the checklist below to ensure your financial aid is complete!
- All students must be admitted to an ORU undergraduate or graduate degree program by the ORU Admissions Office in order to receive financial aid. To begin and application, visit apply.oru.edu.
- File your taxes: US citizens should file your tax returns electronically as soon as possible. Allow about two weeks, and then begin the process of filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The time elapsed between the two processes allows you the option of automatically populating portions of your FAFSA directly from you and your parents' IRS tax return.
- Fill out the FAFSA: By completing the FAFSA, you will learn your eligibility for Federal Grant and Loan assistance. It is also a required step for many scholarships offered by the University and often by external sources as well. The FAFSA must be filed each year you will be enrolled full time in the University. Click here to get started! Be sure to use ORU's school code (003985) to have your information sent directly to ORU.
- Check Your Financial Aid Package: Students entering the University in the Fall semester are packaged with aid beginning in February or March once the FAFSA is complete. Students entering in the Spring semester are generally packaged in November. Students should access their email regularly for online financial aid award notifications. You may view your financial aid package by accessing vision.oru.edu.
- Accept Your Awards Online: Complete your financial aid file via vision.oru.edu
- Turn in Any Requested Documentation: You may access vision.oru.edu to complete your financial aid file. Mail documents to Oral Roberts University; ATTN: Financial Aid Office; 7777 S. Lewis Ave; Tulsa, OK 74171 Fax documents to 918.495.6803.
- If you would like to investigate your private loan options, visit this educational loans page.
- If you plan to attend summer courses, federal financial aid may be available. Once you have enrolled in your summer class, submit your Request for Summer School Financial Aid online. Completed applications received before April 1 are guaranteed to be processed before the beginning of the summer term. Summer financial aid follows the FAFSA used for the preceding fall and spring terms. Students who are not seeking federal aid but utilize Employee Benefits, MASST or Athletic aid are also required to submit this form in addition to any forms required by the scholarship granting department. Note: If you change your summer enrollment after you have been awarded aid, you will need to re-submit the online form so that the Financial Aid Office can review your aid for any changes. If you change your schedule and do not re-submit the form, you will be responsible for any delays or balance incurred by an incorrect aid package.