ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Advantage–ORU's dual enrollment program–offers home school and high school Juniors and Seniors the opportunity to take classes on ORU's campus and earn college credits while still in high school. Students must be at least 16 years of age in order to apply.
Perks of taking courses on ORU's campus:
- No ACT/SAT requirements–simply submit your transcript–students must have a high school unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- 11th and 12th grade students may take a maximum of 6 credit hours on campus per semester, and have the option of taking 3 additional credit hours online per semester.
- Courses are developed and taught by ORU faculty.
- Courses are taken on ORU's campus with undergraduate students.
- 15-week courses include a midterm and final exam.
- Courses are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and will transfer to other institutions of higher learning.
Students can take up to 6 credit hours on ORU's campus per semester of their junior and senior year in high school, with a maximum of 24 credit hours total. Course cost per credit hour is as follows:
- $60 - Per credit hour
- There are no application or general fees.
- A $70 fee is incurred per course which covers the cost of your digital textbook
- Students who plan to park on campus will need to purchase a $50 parking pass for the year.
- Payment in full or payment arrangements through a payment plan must be made prior to the start of each course.
- To set up a payment plan, please connect with an Advantage Enrollment Counselor at 918.495.6117 or email@example.com.
- The Advantage Program follows Oral Roberts University Tuition Refund Schedule, which
can be found by clicking the link below:
Tuition Refund Schedules
Students interested in taking on-campus dual-enrollment courses through ORU’s Advantage Program may choose any 100 or 200 level courses available to current ORU students. Advantage students may petition to take higher level courses if needed.
Not sure where to start? We've created a roadmap for you to make the most out of the Advantage Program.
How to search for Advantage courses:
- Go to vision.oru.edu
- select COURSE SCHEDULE
- Select the term you plan to enroll in, and click SUBMIT
- Select the subject(s) you want to explore.
- The related courses will display. Advantage students may enroll in courses with a 'CRSE' in the 100 or 200 range.
Obtain an Eagle Card (Student ID Card):
- All ORU students who attend courses on campus will need an Eagle Card. You can obtain this card by visiting the Eagle Card Center located in the LRC on the 3rd Floor (next to the University Bookstore). Be sure to bring a government issued ID with you.
- Note: If you still have one from past semesters, you do not need a new one.
- Hours: Monday to Friday:
8:30am – 5:00pm (Closed from 11:00am – 12:00pm for lunch).
Purchase a Parking Permit for $50 from Security
- Parking permits can be purchased at Security.
- To get your parking permit, they will require COMPLETED registration, your Eagle Card, your Znumber, the make and model of your vehicle, and your license plate number. Security is open 24 hours, 7 days/week, and is located in the same building as the cafeteria across from the lower lot (lot G).
- Wondering where to park on a school day? Your parking pass allows you to park in Lot A, located by the Mabee Center. You’ll then need to walk across the walking bridge over Fred Creek and head to the GC/LRC.
- You can find details about ORU’s dress code in the Student Handbook here or in your
ORU app! Please note that shorts are not permitted in the Graduate Center.
Download the ORU App
- Access all your campus information on the go.
- Keep your classes, assignments, and events organized.
- Join the campus discussion and connect with your peers.
- Chat with your friends and see their timetables.
- Stay informed of what's going on with automatic alerts.