ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Advantage–ORU's dual enrollment program–offers home school and high school Juniors and Seniors the opportunity to take classes on ORU's campus and earn college credits while still in high school. Students must be at least 16 years of age in order to apply.
Perks of taking courses on ORU's campus:
- No ACT/SAT requirements–simply submit your transcript–students must have a high school unweighted grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Students can take up to 6 credit hours each semester of their junior and senior year in high school–a maximum of 24 credit hours total.
- Courses are developed and taught by ORU faculty.
- Courses are taken on ORU's campus with undergraduate students.
- 15-week courses include a midterm and final exam.
- Courses are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and will transfer to other institutions of higher learning.
Students can take up to 6 credit hours on ORU's campus per semester of their junior and senior year in high school, with a maximum of 24 credit hours total. Course cost per credit hour is as follows:
- $60 - Per credit hour
- There are no application or general fees.
- Students may be required to purchase textbooks or other course materials. Requirements vary by course.
- Students who plan to park on campus will need to purchase a $25 parking pass for the year.
- Payment in full or payment arrangements through a payment plan must be made prior to the start of each course.
- To set up a payment plan, please connect with an Advantage Enrollment Counselor at 918.495.6117 or email@example.com.
- The Advantage Program follows Oral Roberts University Tuition Refund Schedule, which
can be found by clicking the link below:
Tuition Refund Schedules
Students interested in taking on-campus dual-enrollment courses through ORU’s Advantage Program may choose any 100 or 200 level courses available to current ORU students. Advantage students may petition to take higher level courses if needed.
How to search for Advantage courses:
- Go to vision.oru.edu
- select COURSE SCHEDULE
- Select the term you plan to enroll in, and click SUBMIT
- Select the subject(s) you want to explore.
- The related courses will display. Advantage students may enroll in courses with a 'CRSE' in the 100 or 200 range.
Advantage courses taken on-campus for the Fall 2020 semester will begin on August 13 and follow the residential academic calendar.
- Connect with Your Enrollment Counselor
- Schedule a Campus Visit
- Dress Code: You can find details about ORU’s dress code in the Student Handbook here or in your ORU app! Most important to note is shorts are not permitted in the Graduate Center.
- Download the ORU App
- Access all your campus information on the go.
- Keep your classes, assignments, and events organized.
- Join the campus discussion and connect with your peers.
- Chat with your friends and see their timetables.
- Stay informed of what's going on with automatic alerts.
- Click here for video tutorials on using D2L–ORU's online learning platform
- Pre-Order Your Eagle Card (Student ID Card)
- Upon completing your registration on Vision, you will be redirected to an order form to have your Eagle Card (Student ID card) pre-printed and ready for pick up on move-in day. In case you missed it, here is that same form: Eagle Card Order Form.
- Your photo should be passport-style and meet the following requirements.
- The photo should be a color, JPEG file.
- The background should be uniform and light-colored.
- You must be facing forward, with your head and shoulders clearly visible.
- No photos with sunglasses or hats will be accepted.
- The file cannot exceed 100k in size.
Please note: We will not be processing Eagle Card orders in person, so please complete the online form prior to your arrival on campus. All photo submissions will be reviewed before becoming active, so approval time may be necessary.
You will receive a confirmation email once your photo has been approved and the card has been printed. New students will be able to pick up their pre-printed ID during New Student Orientation. The Eagle Card Center is located in the LRC on the 3rd floor (across from Admissions).
Hours are Monday to Friday from:
8:30am – 5:00pm (Closed from 11:00am – 12:00pm for lunch).