The Computing & Mathematics Advisory Council is an external group of alumni and friends of the Department of Computing and Mathematics at Oral Roberts University. The Council supports and advises the faculty in developing and accomplishing department goals and objectives, promotes the department in the community, and contributes to the wellbeing of the department and its students.
Council members contribute by doing the following:
- Providing advice and counsel to the faculty and department chair on important issues related to the programs, students, and outreach of the department.
- Providing information regarding relevant required knowledge, needed skills, and trends in technology industries to help guide academic offerings.
- Promoting and participating in new initiatives, such as initial and continuing accreditation.
- Promoting and participating in extending the reach and influence of the department to the larger community.
- Providing advice and counsel on broader STEM issues, programs, and initiatives.
- Engaging and actively supporting the fundraising efforts of the department.
Dr. Debra Sowell
ORU VPAA (Retired)
Dr. Debra Sowell is a retired tenured professor in the Department of Computing and Mathematics at Oral Roberts University...
(Chair), VP of Engineering, Sercel
Suzanne Behr has a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics and chemistry from ORU, an MBA from OSU, a Masters of Science engineering from TU, and a Certificate in Theology and...
VP and Director of Architecture & Core Development, BOK Financial
Ben Hofmann has a Bachelors in Information Technology and an MBA from Western Governors University...
Software Engineer, Flight Safety
Andrew Morris is a Staff Software Engineer at FlightSafety International Simulation. He graduated summa cum laude from Oral Roberts University...
CIO, Paragon Films
Kenny Mullican graduated from ORU in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science degree in computer science. He is an expert in systems analysis and design, project management, enterprise information...
Senior Global Process Consultant, Hilti, Inc.
He holds a B.S. degree in Management Information System (Class ’93) and MBA from Oral Roberts University. He is currently employed as Senior Global Process...
Senior Vice President of Technology, TTCU Federal Credit Union.
He has over 20 years’ experience in both Information Technology and management, with a diverse background in various...
Vice President of Development and Alumni Relations, ORU
Natalie Adams has a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration ('88) and a Leadership MBA (High Honors) from ORU...
January 25, 2019
Attendees: Dr. Debra Sowell (Chair), Suzanne Behr, Ben Hofmann, Andrew Morris, Kenny Mullican, Matt Sterns (via Kubi), Dr. Andrew Lang, Dr. Stephen Wheat, Bryan Osborne, Dr. Jayne Ann Harder, and LeighAnne Locke.