This document lists the steps for setting up your iPad, iPhone, and/or iPod Touch with your Office 365 account.
- iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch
- An Office 365 Account
Steps to Configure Your iOS Device to Work with Office 365
NOTE: If this is your first e-mail account on your device, tap "Mail" and proceed to step 3.
- Tap "Settings"
- Tap "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" under Settings and tap "Add Account..." under Accounts.
- Tap "Microsoft Exchange" under Add Account...
- In the Exchange dialog box:
- Enter your e-mail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) in the "Email" field.
- Enter your e-mail address (e.g. email@example.com) in the "Username" field.
- Enter your password in the "Password" field.
- Enter Office 365 in the "Description" field.
- NOTE: You can use any short name that's meaningful to you, such as "ORU e-mail".
- Tap "Next" in the upper right corner.
- Verify the "Server" field was filled in automatically, then tap "Next" in the upper
right corner of the Exchange dialog box.
- NOTE: If your iOS device is unable to automatically locate the correct Office 365 server name, please use outlook.office365.com for the server name.
- In the Exchange Account dialog box:
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize.
- NOTE: By default, Mail, Calendar, and Contacts are all turned on. You can turn off synchronization for any of these.
- Tap "Save" in the upper right corner.
- Push the Home button on your device, and tap "Mail" or "Calendar" to confirm that you've set up your Office 365 account information.
This document lists the steps for setting up your Android device to work with your Office 365 account.
- An Android phone with access to the internet
- An Office 365 e-mail account
Steps to Configure Android with Office 365
- Press the Applications Menu button and select Email.
- NOTE: The way to access email settings may vary depending on your type of phone.
- Tap Accounts & Sync in the Settings dialog box.
- Tap Add account in the Accounts & sync settings dialog box.
- Select Exchange account - this may also be called Exchange ActiveSync.
- In the Add an Exchange account dialog box:
- Enter your full Office 365 e-mail address ("firstname.lastname@example.org") in the "E-mail Address:" field.
- Enter your email password.
- Tap Next
- In the Server Settings dialog box:
- Enter your full ORU e-mail address in the "Domain\Username" field.
- NOTE: If the Domain and Username are separate boxes, leave the Domain box empty and type your full email address in the Username box.
- Enter your email password in the "Password" field.
- Use outlook.office365.com in the "Server" field.
- Tap Next.
- Your phone should now verify your server settings and open the Account Options display.
- Select the settings that you want in the Account Options display and tap Next when you are done.
- NOTE: the options vary depending on the version of Android OS you have but may include: notifications, email sync times, and email push.
- Enter the Account Name you want to use - like "ORU Email".
- Tap Done.
- Return to your home screen and open your e-mail application.
NOTE: You may have to force the email application to restart before you can use it.
It may be possible for you to connect to Office 365 from additional devices not listed in these pages.
Microsoft provides help with setting up many mobile devices for Office 365.