Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Support the library Dean and Electronic Resource Librarian especially by managing the library' s acquisition of resources and other purchasing and budget tasks, as requested, all in compliance with library practices, ORU Purchasing policies, and generally accepted accounting principles. Such support includes these actions:
- Assisting the Dean's Administrative Assistant in preparing budgets and providing library budget information for various types of reports (including, annual IPEDS, bi-weekly budget snapshot, Library Annual Report, Board of Trustees Report, etc.).
- Monitoring budgets to insure accuracy of posted items, and navigating components of the ORU financial system (Banner, Vision, ARGOS, Jaggaer) to help the library maximize its use of unrestricted and restricted funds.
- Preparing budget transfers and other financial actions as requested.
- Assist the ERL, Dean, and Administrative Assistant in managing all library financial activity with ORU Finance directly (with Purchasing, especially).
- As requested, prepare reports of varied financial activity for the Dean, and maintain acquisitions records and files.
- Verify, allocate, and post details of acquisitions transactions to appropriate funds and accounts.
- Assist the Dean and Administrative Assistant in preparing library budgets.
- Assist library staff with concerns, policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to acquisitions transactions, and collaborate with the library's leadership team to improve financial procedures for the library.
- Serve on planning committees, attend library meetings, and outreach activities as requested.
- Serve 15 or more hours a week as a paraprofessional at the library's One Stop Service Desk. Perform other library duties as assigned.
Two or more years of college credit; an Associate's or Bachelor's degree, with course work in Library Science, Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred. A combination of work experience and education may be considered.
- One or more years of experience in library work, preferably with responsibility for various kinds of acquisition activity.
- Working knowledge of automated financial software and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- Must be able to prioritize among multiple tasks occurring simultaneously and remain focused amid frequent interruptions.
- Must interact pleasantly and professionally with employees at all levels and students across the university and keep many matters strictly confidential.
- Must possess the mathematical, verbal, spelling, and grammar skills pertinent to this position.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.