Assist students and faculty with research in person as well as by phone, email, text, and chat during weekend and evening hours. Process Interlibrary Loan requests and maintain records and statistics. Supervise student workers and oversee library services during evening and weekend hours. Perform other duties assigned by Head of Access Services, by Assistant Director of the Library, or by their designees.
Assist library users with research; Supervise library student workers during weekend and evening hours; Delegate work for student workers; Prepare signage for Access Services; Ensure compliance with library policies and procedures while on duty; Oversee safety procedures in case of emergency (e.g. severe weather, power outage, etc.)
Process Interlibary Loan requests and maintain records and statistics.
Assist with creation of library knowledge base and other web assets.
Other projects and duties as directed.
- MLIS degree or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of library resources and tools, including databases and library catalog
- Requires the ability to set priorities; organize and adjust/manage seasonal peaks in work load; ascertain and understand common reference problems while providing suitable solutions; follow prescribed routines and procedures; and the ability to work without supervision.
- Strongly prefer experience in public services in an academic library setting
- Strongly prefer clerical and technical experience, as well as a working knowledge of library automation and MS Office software.
Benefits & Perks
1. Complete the ORU online faculty application
2. Please provide transcripts from all Colleges or Universities listed on your application
3. Please provide three letters of recommendation
ORU is committed to the integration of faith and learning through an education that empowers the whole person: spiritually alive, intellectually alert, physically disciplined, socially adept, and professionally competent.