During the fall and spring semesters, students can work on campus through the Student Work-Study Program. 

Participating Students

  • Must be enrolled in full-time on campus classes, have completed registration
  • Accepted a work-study award on their financial aid package.

It is important to review the Student Employment Handbook prior to working on campus.

All students are also eligible to work for ORU's Dining Services  by going to https://us.sodexo.com/careers. Select “Search Jobs” then search for the key word “Oral Roberts”.

STEP 1: Register for an ORU HANDSHAKE account.

Register for an ORU Handshake account or log in to an existing account at oru.joinhandshake.com

STEP 2: Look for a work-study job in HANDSHAKE.

Fall work-study jobs will start getting posted on ORU's Handshake site in mid-July.

  • Once logged into oru.joinhandshake.com, click on the Jobs tab.
  • Select filter then On Campus. That will bring up all work-study jobs.

STEP 3: Apply.

  • To apply for a Position:
  1. Go to Vision.
  2. "Registration Quick Links" tab, choose "Student Employment Application"
  3. Choose "Application" and select the following:
    • Department:
    • Job Title:
    • Supervisor Name:

A Student must find a position on handshake or be directed by a department hiring manager before submitting an application on Vision. Work-Study applications will only be considered if a position is available. 

STEP 4: Identification

Once a student has been selected, the next step is to fully complete the hiring documentation. ORU follows all federal hiring guidelines. Per federal law, only original identification (s) can be accepted (no copies or faxes). Examples of accepted forms of identification include:

  • A Passport
  • A Social Security Card and a Driver License
  • A Birth Certificate and a Driver license.

International Students

In addition to the normal work-study steps listed on the left, international students will also need the following documents to complete the hiring documentation.

  • Passport
  • I-20
  • I-94 Admission Number

Getting a Social Security Card

Student Employment will guide a student through the social security process after completing the hiring documentation. International Students will need a social security card or provide a receipt that one has been ordered before their first day of work.

Summer Campus Employment

During the summer, students can work on campus through Student Employment. This is an option for returning students as well as students who have been admitted for the upcoming fall semester. 


Summer on-campus jobs do not require a work-study award to apply. If you meet the following conditions, you will be eligible to work on campus:

  • You were enrolled full-time in on campus classes during the spring semester, and
  • Will be enrolled during either the summer or the upcoming fall semester


The Summer 360 program allows current students to work on-campus during the summer, earn money, and receive a summer housing waiver (free housing!). Summer jobs start getting posted on Handshake in early April.

The student employee must work a total of 360 hours between graduation and the end of July. This averages to about 30 hours of work per week. The student may work up to two jobs to accumulate needed hours. It is the student's responsibility to reach a total of 360 hours of work in the allotted time frame. Housing charges will be recorded on a student's account until the 360 hours are reached, at which point a scholarship will be applied for free housing.

All Summer 360 students must complete a summer 360 contract with Student Employment.

Take the next step
toward your career.