The ORU Internship program provides you the opportunity to get hands-on experience while also earning college credit. It also helps you accelerate into the profession and God’s calling on your life.
The ORU Internship Program encourages you to:
- Work with professionals who will mentor and coach you in professional best practices
- Learn new tools and skills to build your resume
- Explore and expand your career options
Your internship may also:
- Integrate seamlessly into a traditional fall or spring semester, or it may be a summer-specific experience
- Kick-start your professional network
- Be paid! (Many internships are paid, and the best internships are competitive.)
The Internship requires:
- Enrollment in the internship course connected to your specific degree program
- 150 hours of work to earn 3.0 credits, earned concurrently while enrolled in the course
- D2L-based weekly assignments and meetings with your internship cohort
- An application process which may take two months to complete; it’s important you begin the application process the semester prior to your planned enrollment.
Where do I start?
To facilitate your internship, ORU uses Handshake, the leading career platform used by over 200,000 employers, including all Fortune 500 companies. Through Handshake, you can discover nonprofits making the world a better place, tech firms on the cutting-edge of industry, top financial institutions and more.Follow these steps to request an Internship Experience on Handshake.