Master of Arts in
As a student in the specialized Master of Arts in Intercultural Studies program, you will be trained to carry the healing Gospel "where God's light is seen dim, where His voice is heard small, where His healing power is not known, even to the uttermost bounds of the earth." The program presents a well-rounded philosophy of missions with emphases on biblical principles, the ministry of healing, worldwide evangelism, church planting and methods of cross-cultural communication. It will prepare you for effective cross-cultural ministry in foreign and home missions organizations, as well as other related ministries.
The Master of Arts in Missions degree program aims to:
- Acquaint you with the history and development of the worldwide Christian missionary experience.
- Foster an awareness of the basics of missionary life and practice.
- Analyze historic and current trends in the globalization of cross-cultural evangelism and church planting.
- Equip you for ministry in cross-cultural contexts in order to provide leadership for motivating, mobilizing and training great commission Christians.
- Acquaint you with innovative language learning methods and techniques.
- Provide guided internship opportunities for the integration and application of missiological theory and practice in intercultural evangelism and church planting.
- Promote a biblical/theological understanding of the person, work and ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- Enable you to articulate clearly their ministry/professional calling.
- Enable you to integrate biblical/theological, cultural, and missiological perspectives for the formation of a framework for global ministries.
THE GRADUATE SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY AND MINISTRY IS ALSO ACCREDITED BY:
The Graduate School of Theology and Ministry is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS). The following degree programs are approved:
- Master of Divinity
- M.A. Biblical Literature
- M.A. Theological/Historical Studies
- M.A. in Professional Counseling
- M.A. in Intercultural Studies
- M.A. in Practical Theology
- Doctor of Ministry
- PhD in Theology
The Commission contact information is:
The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the U.S. and Canada
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275 USA
THE UNIVERSITY HOLDS MEMBERSHIPS WITH THE FOLLOWING ASSOCIATIONS:
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
Are there scholarships available?
There are several scholarships available to students in the Graduate Program. To learn more about financial aid, click here.
Office of Graduate Admissions