Oral Roberts University’s Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree is a residential or modular program that can equip you to become an effective and skilled Spirit-empowered pastor, evangelist, chaplain, Bible teacher and minister. You can graduate prepared with the biblical, theological and practical competencies required to fulfill your calling and impact the world for Jesus Christ.
More than this, our unique mission to develop Holy Spirit-empowered leaders through Whole Person Education can truly set you apart to bring God’s healing power to a hurting world.
Our commitment to equip Spirit-empowered leaders is why our M.Div. graduates -- fully prepared in spirit, mind and body -- are transforming lives as ministers of the gospel all across the globe.
This program offers an optional Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy concentration (PCC) if you desire to receive Board Certification for military, hospital, institutional or organizational chaplaincy.
What can I do with a M.Div. degree from ORU?
- Senior or Associate Pastoring
- Chaplaincy Certification
- Pastoral Counseling
- Bible School Teaching
- Doctoral Studies
- And much more!
What makes ORU’s M.Div. program stand out?
- Convenient modular course format that combines 100% online courses with blended online and residential courses
- The world’s largest charismatic faculty made up of distinguished professors who are Spirit-led, biblically based, historically informed, socially and ethically accountable, theologically responsible and skillful ministers of Jesus Christ
- Faculty advisors who meet one-on-one with students to help discern the Lord’s voice and articulate ministry and professional callings
- Integrated and balanced courses in biblical literature, practices of ministry and theological and historical studies
- Undesignated electives that can be used towards a specific area of ministry, such as counseling or missions, or cross-disciplinary training in education and business
- Fast Track program for undergraduate ORU students to complete graduate courses early at no extra cost
What learning formats are available for this program?
We offer this program in a modular or residential learning format. Our modular format combines 100% online courses with blended courses. In a blended course, you’ll complete most of the course work online while attending either a half-week or full-week of classes on our Tulsa campus.
How long will it take me to graduate?
This program is 80.5 credit hours. If you were to begin without advanced standing, transferring credit or taking leveling courses, you could complete this degree in as little as 3 years when you enroll full-time. We consider full-time enrollment for this program as 9 or more credit hours in each the fall and spring semesters and 6 or more credit hours over the summer.
What about accreditation?
As a university, we meet the highest accreditation standards set by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). This program, offered by our Graduate School of Theology and Ministry, is also accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS).
Are there scholarships available?
Many of our full-time, residential graduate students receive ORU grants and scholarships based on academic achievement and other opportunities. To learn more about financial aid, click here.