Bachelor of Education in
Oral Roberts University’s Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree in Secondary Education is a residential program that will prepare you to earn your teacher certification and teach upper-level students in either public or private school in English (6th-12th grade), Math (6th-12th grade), Physical Education (PreK-12th grade), Science (6th-12th grade), or Social Studies (6th-12th grade). Aligned with national and state standards, successfully completed programs lead to Oklahoma Teacher Certification and can be transferred to other states as well as internationally.
- Degree Plan for B.Ed. in Secondary Education - English
- Degree Plan for B.Ed. in Secondary Education - Mathematics
- Degree Plan for B.Ed. in Secondary Education - Physical Education
- Degree Plan for B.Ed. in Secondary Education - Science
- Degree Plan for B.Ed. in Secondary Education - Social Studies
What can I do with a degree in SECONDARY Education?
Around the world, teachers are needed now more than ever. There is a major call for educators with a Christian worldview who want to impact education in any sector: public, private, or Christian schools.
- Teach face-to-face or in online environments
- Missions and international education
What are some of the core experiences?
- Active learning with experienced faculty committed to your success
- Small classes with personal attention
- Extensive (150 hours) classroom experiences throughout the degree program
- Classes in the College of Education and in your subject area department
What makes ORU’s SECONDARY Education program stand out?
- An innovative learning environment that includes avatars, technology-enhanced learning strategies, and Google Level 1 and 2 certifications
- The opportunity to take up to 12 hours of graduate classes at no additional cost
- Mentoring program for ongoing support through your first year of teaching
- Faculty who model the integration of faith and learning, professional and Spirit-empowered
- The ORU experience—a challenging, supportive learning community
ORU's Fast Track program offers you the opportunity to complete up to 12 hours of graduate course work as an undergraduate student…with no additional cost! For more information click here.
What about accreditation?
As a university, we meet the accreditation standards set by the Higher Learning Commission. The Secondary Education program meets certification requirements set by the Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability.
Are there scholarships available?
Nearly 100% of our full-time, undergraduate residential students receive ORU grants and scholarships through academic achievement and through ORU’s premier scholarship opportunity of our Quest Whole Leader Scholarship.