If you're eager to get to work on your college degree but apprehensive about student debt, then LEAP just might be for you. In an effort to support and encourage academic excellence, while seeking to alleviate some of the concerns and uncertainty surrounding student debt, ORU has adopted the Leadership through Excellence in Academics Program (LEAP) to provide eligible students the opportunity to receive up to a $15,000 graduation credit toward their federal Stafford Loan and/or ORU Integrity Loan!
Your hard work could pay off in more ways than one. See the details below to find out if you meet the eligibility requirements for this generous opportunity!
Haven't submitted your FAFSA yet? Get started right way! Students must submit this in order to be eligible.
What follows is an overview of program eligibility and should not be considered comprehensive. All final terms of the program offer are listed in the LEAP contract. For additional details and stipulations that may apply or to see if you qualify for LEAP, contact the Enrollment Team at 918.495.6518 or email@example.com.
- Student must be a first-time college student or new transfer student with full-time enrollment in ORU’s undergraduate residential degree programs beginning the Fall Semester of 2022 or Spring 2023
- Student must submit their FAFSA to be eligible
- First-time freshmen must earn an undergraduate degree from ORU in four years or less through continuous full-time enrollment in fall and spring semesters at ORU
- Transfer students must complete at least 4 consecutive semesters of full-time enrollment
- If a student has an Integrity Loan, the student must maintain compliance with the terms of the Integrity Loan (e.g. monthly payments) if any
- Student pledges to borrow only what is necessary from the Stafford Loan program and
Integrity Student Loan program to meet educational expenses
*LEAP is offered as a credit to first-time, full-time residential students who may qualify. Those receiving full athletic scholarships, tuition benefits, or returning to the university, do not qualify at this time.
The amount of the Credit will vary depending on a student’s final cumulative undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) at ORU out of a possible 4.0, as well as a student's entry status as a first-time freshman or transfer as outlined below:
- Students graduating with a GPA of 3.75 or higher
- $15,000 for First-Time Freshmen
- $7,500 for Transfers
- Students graduating with a GPA of 3.5 to 3.74
- $12,500 for First-Time Freshmen
- $6,000 for Transfers
- Students graduating with a GPA of 3.25 to 3.49
- $10,000 for First-Time Freshmen
- $4,500 for Transfers
- Students graduating with a GPA of 3.00 to 3.24
- $7,500 for First-Time Freshmen
- $3,000 for Transfers
- Students graduating with a GPA of 2.75 to 2.99
- $5,000 for First-Time Freshmen
- $2,000 for Transfers
*The amount of the Credit shall not exceed the sum of all Integrity Loans and Stafford Loans received by Student under the Program