Terms & Conditions of Use
The website for Oral Roberts University is maintained as a service to our constituents. Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully as they contain important information regarding your legal rights, remedies and obligations. By accessing www.oru.edu, you agree to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and you agree to be responsible for compliance with any applicable laws. If you do not agree to all of these terms, do not use the sites or services. You should periodically review the Terms and Conditions of Use for the most up-to-date version. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
1. Acceptance of Agreement. You agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (“Agreement”) with respect to our site (the “Site”). This Agreement constitutes the entire and only agreement between us and you, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to the Site, the content, products or services provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended at any time from time to time by us without specific notice to you. The latest Agreement will be posted on this Site, and you should review this Agreement prior to using the Site.
2. Copyright and Trademarks. All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Oral Roberts University’s prior written consent.
3. Jurisdiction and Venue. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America and the state of Oklahoma. Further, this Agreement and the relationship between you and ORU will be governed by the laws of Oklahoma, without respect to its conflict of law provisions. Venue with respect to any dispute between you and ORU will rest exclusively in the state court located in Tulsa County, Oklahoma, or in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Oklahoma.
4. Information on Site. The content of the pages on this website is for your general information and use only, and is subject to change without notice. This website contains material which is owned by or license to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. All content on university web pages should be revised and updated regularly. Assigned Omni Update Coaches for each area will be the first point of contact for updating pages. The oru.edu website has modification dates for each area that can be used as a guide to the timeliness of the data; however, we cannot verify that changes have been made to the source information per timeliness standards. ORU adheres to the North American Accessibility Laws and Digital Content Standards. For more information click here. Please note that all university web pages must exist within the university web environment.
5. Responsibility for Content. The ORU website is managed by ORU Marketing which provides content oversight to all ORU Omni Update users. All Omni Update Coaches must complete training, provided by ORU Marketing, before access is granted. User access will be revoked in any case where untrained users are granted access to a shared or individual Omni Update account. ORU website policies and procedures are governed by the University Navigation Committee. The University Navigation Committee is chaired by the Director of Marketing and draws membership from various ORU departments including Marketing, Public Relations, IT, Admissions & Enrollment and Academics.
6. Editing, Deleting and Modification. The ORU Omni Update license currently allows for 50 user accounts. To facilitate this, group accounts will be employed for areas which may have several users of the same permission level (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org). No users are allowed to log in to the Omni Update system until they have completed training on the content management software. If a user account has been dormant for longer than one year it will be purged from the system. To reactivate a dormant account, users must participate in a New User training scheduled with ORU Marketing. No users should allow another person to access Omni Update through their account under any circumstance. Group User Accounts will be held to same training standards as all Omni Update users. As a standard rule, the ORU website will not provide links to pages outside of the purview of ORU Marketing or ORU IT. Exceptions to this policy can be granted through approval of the University Navigation Committee.
7. Accessibility/Compliance. Website files utilized in this site have passed the follow checkers:
- https://achecker.ca/checker/index.php (checks for WCAG 2.0 (Level AA)
- https://validator.w3.org/ (checks for the markup validity of Web documents in HTML and XHTML)
- http://wave.webaim.org/ (checks for both of the above)
Additional required items found in the site HTML include:
- Skip navigation
- Tab-able navigation
- Proper use of Heading tags
- Alt tags on images
- Cookie notification
Our site content management system (CMS), Omni Update Campus (OU Campus), has a built-in compliance checker that is run prior to publishing web pages. This checker indicates on each page published if there is a link, W3C or accessibility error, where that error is and how to fix it. This check happens any time content is updated in each web page. Not all items are errors, however, a list of known errors and potential problems is provided. Our site is set so that a page will not publish without fixing the known errors. Because compliance sometimes requires human decision-making, some items are suggestions or potential problems. These can be referred for further review and site-wide changes as indicated. Quarterly site reports performed by our team will provide further compliance fulfillment.
8. Links to Other Websites. This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites and we have no responsibility for the content of linked websites.
9. Disclaimer. This website is provided on an “as is” and “as available basis.” We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website. We further do not warrant that the site is free of viruses or other harmful components. You acknowledge that information and materials found or offered on this website may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent of the law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
10. Honor Code. ORU faculty, staff and students using this site are expected to abide by the ORU Honor Code in any such usage, which is the central criterion of conduct for all who are a part of the ORU community.
11. Indemnification. Users of the oru.edu website agree to indemnify to the fullest extent Oral Roberts University from and against any and/or all liability, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses arising in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
12. Termination. ORU may block, suspend or terminate your use of the website at any time for any reason. Reasons may include, but are not limited to, the following: (a) your breach of this Agreement; (b) ORU is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) ORU believes that your actions could cause financial loss or legal liability to ORU or other users of this website; (d) routine network maintenance affecting all users; or (e) your use of this website or service in a manner that violates the law or ORU policies.
13. Contact Info. All email addresses posted to the website will be *@oru.edu accounts and all phone
numbers will be the official university phone number for the listed contact. Additional
phone numbers may also be listed if the department deems appropriate.
If you have questions about these Terms and Conditions of Use, you should contact ORU at email@example.com.
14. Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between ORU and you in relation to your
use of this website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.