From your web browser log into your account at http://mail.oru.edu/.
From the Options menu (top right of your browser) click on the Rules tab, select the Forward rule, then click the Create button.
- Type a name for the rule in the Rule name field.
- In the first condition field, select TO. This tells the rule to check the "To:" line in each incoming item.
- In the second condition field, select Matches. This tells the rule that the text in the incoming item's "TO:" line must match the text you type in the next condition field.
- Type your user name in the condition field.(typically your e-mail address name without the @oru.edu).
- In the last condition field, type the complete e-mail address of the account that you want to forward the e-item to. For example: email@example.com.
- Define the actions to be taken by the rule. In the first action field, type the complete e-mail address of the account to which you want to send the item. Include other addresses to which you might want to courtesy copy or blind copy.
- Type a subject to the e-mail indicating that it is moving from the old account to the new. For example: From firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com. (Optional)
- Use the message field to include any other notes or instructions for the reader at the new account. (Optional)
- Click the Save Button
All incoming mail to your account will now be forwarded to the e-mail account that you have indicated.