Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Provides individual, pre-marital and marital counseling for undergraduate and graduate students.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills are essential.
- Should be able to integrate theological values and ethics within psychological paradigms.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in all situations, to include emergencies. Christian professional and ethical behavior must be exhibited and maintained. Confidentiality of information is required.
- Provides individual, premarital, and marital counseling for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Provides limited testing and assessment services as required.
- Participates in student life orientation and leadership training programs.
- Assists in the training of counseling practicum and intern students, as needed.
- Evaluates high-risk students as requested, which entails: Suicide evaluation, homicide evaluation, and mental health evaluation.
- Provides telephone and/or face-to-face crisis assessment during business hours on site, and after hours (when scheduled), to include weeknights, weekends, and holidays. Makes referrals of students to other mental health professionals as required.
- Develops and maintains relationship with area mental health services.
- Helps develop and lead support groups, workshops and seminars.
- Contributes written material for campus information sources regarding mental health issues.
- Participates in mental health projects sponsored by other campus-based organizations.
- Assists in academic research projects regarding current mental health issues.
- Attends regular meetings of the counseling staff as scheduled.
- Performs additional duties as requested by the Counseling Director.
Requires a Master's degree in a counseling related field. License preferred (LPC, LCSW or LMFT); license eligible will be considered.
Must be able to assess acuity level of clients to determine appropriate treatment recommendations. Experience working within an academic environment particularly within a higher educational setting preferred.
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures and confidentiality regarding internally sensitive information. Must be in compliance with protected health information as mandated by HIPPA and/or ORU policy and procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
This position is required to be on-call after normal work hours.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.