Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Coordinate procurement of supplies, services, and equipment for the University.
- Analyze bids to determine which vendor meets the requirements with competitive pricing without sacrificing the service and quality required by Oral Roberts University. When the buyer receives a requisition, the he/she checks that documents such as bids, contracts, single source justification form, or an invoice have been scanned to the requisition in accordance with ORU Purchasing Policies and Procedures. A purchase order number is assigned by banner and the Purchase Order is reviewed and completed by the buyer. The PO is sent to Finance for final approvals. The buyer then places the order with the vendor. The PO is faxed or scanned to vendor if required.
- Facilitate RFQ/RFP process with vendors and requesting department. Select vendor after full approval. Coordinate bids, letter of intent, signed contracts. Mediate and problem solve issues with vendors.
- Expedite purchase orders.
- Compose correspondence to vendors, business representatives and university personnel relative to deliveries, quantities, and specification.
- Special projects as assigned.
Requires a bachelor's degree in related field.
- Requires minimum of one year thorough working knowledge of purchasing policies, processes and procedures. Extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements. Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, math, spelling, and grammatical skills. Computer skills should include MS Office Suite.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.