Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Entry-level to intermediate level digital marketing and web development in highly motivated and collaborative atmosphere with a close-knit and purposeful marketing team. The Web Designer assists the team with entry-level to intermediate web development and help maintain more technical aspects of the university's content management system as well as keeping up with day-to-day web maintenance tasks. The Web Designer will also be an integral part of ORU's UX and UI strategy.
- Assist with the maintenance and updating of ORU's website. Write and edit code to support content management system templates. Assist with troubleshooting and code fixes for the CMS. Support the team with the completion of frequent web-related project requests.
- Create interactive web designs and give creative input into UX/UI flow of the university's site and various mini-sites.
- Assist with high-priority items such as livestream functionality, home page alerts and fast-track web projects.
- Follow ORU's web development guidelines. Assist with documentation of processes and make recommendations for digital marketing best practices.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Media, Statistics, Computer Science OR equivalent years of web design experience.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
Please share any code trainings or extra-curricular programs completed.
- 1-3 years of web design, development, CMS (Content Management Systems) maintenance experience.
- Experience with WordPress site maintenance and plugin updates.
- Content management system (CMS) experience and editing code for CMS templates.
- A passion for digital UX/UI strategy and experience in user flow projects and website or application builds.
- Ability to guide and train how to use University CMS and other apps.
- Interest in digital marketing strategy and driving web-based results.
- Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, strong collaboration, willingness to learn, high degree of curiosity and desire to succeed.
- Must perform well in a fast-pace environment, balance competing priorities and demonstrate the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of marketing information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
- At ORU, we pride ourselves on working as a team. Above having the technical knowledge for the job, this position requires an individual with team-spirit and a humble, authentic approach to their work.
Experience Preferred But Not Mandatory:
- Photoshop or XD design skills.
- Familiarity with database maintenance and backend code knowledge.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.