Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
The ORU International Student Center exists to provide essential support services to international students on campus and contributes meaningfully to the growth of the international student population and the number of nations represented in the student body to 195.
- Provides excellent customer service and mentorship to international students aligning the International Student Relations (ISR)'s vision to outreach directly to international students. Support services include answering frequently asked questions, providing drivers, hosting events or informational sessions about American and other global cultures, along with mentoring international students to understand ORU's vision, mission, and new five outcomes.
- Reaches out to international students on a daily basis for a better understanding of their cultures and their needs so ISR can best recruit and support them while on campus. Goal sets to reach every nation represented throughout the academic school year and works to see 195 nations represented under the direction of the Executive Director.
- Ensures that students from diverse cultures and nations have the best opportunity to be educated and participate well while at ORU. Collaborate with student life, student success, academic departments, and others in order to provide best guidance to international students.
- Serves as a contributor to residential student enrollment and student life activities, sports events, academic success, concierge desk, and international student recruitment.
- Identifies problems and challenges of international students and works to find creative and innovative solutions.
- Assists International Admissions Representatives with communication to prospective students if needed.
- Maintains DSO license to assist International Student Manager regarding SEVIS system.
- Provides counsel regarding requirements for F-1 students studying in the U.S. It includes but is not limited to new and current international students, both undergraduate and graduate.
- Creates a friendly and global cultural atmosphere for the ISC center.
- Manages the orientation of incoming international students, tracking of daily visitors, special projects, and reporting.
- Supervises student drivers, student workers, and volunteers at ISC.
- Reports to Executive Director of International Student Relations and works other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
DSO license preferred
- Requires two years of related work experience. Experience working with university-age students in a cross-cultural setting preferred.
- Must be computer literate with experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral, administrative, multitasking, and communication skills are essential.
- Must be able to handle multitasks and maintain a professional demeanor in a busy office environment having constant contact with internal departments both on the phone and in person.
- Must have the ability to work well with students and handle heavy traffic in the office.
- The ability to effectively explain/enforce university regulations, policies, and procedures are essential.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Some occasional local travel will be required.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.