Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
To operate boilers, chillers, pumps, air handlers, and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner. To answer all calls related to elevators, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical requests in the absence of any other Plant Operation personnel. Maintain a comfortable temperature within all campus buildings.
- Check all boilers, chillers, expansion tanks, free cooling systems, air compressor, and make up water in service including cooling towers.
- Check individual buildings for any air handler, air compressor, or pump problems. Check for any unusual electrical loads and unsatisfactory temperatures in the buildings zones.
- Promptly answers all service calls.
- Elevator emergencies, reset if possible, get any trapped persons off when possible, and determine when and if an elevator service call is needed.
- New or continued projects as determined by Asst. Director or Director of Plant Operations.
- Set up buildings' air conditioning system for special events.
High School diploma or GED preferred. Vocational or other technical school, certification, training or apprenticeship preferred.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
1st Class Unlimited Operating Engineer's license from the City of Tulsa. Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving university leased vehicles.
Requires three (3) years of large tonnage chiller operation and one (1) year high pressure steam experience. Must have good math and interpersonal skills. Must be able to learn and effectively use all mechanical and computer equipment used in all areas of the department.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.