Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Responsible for coordinating administrative projects from start to finish to ensure that all tasks relating to support of major donors and alumni constituents are completed in an effective and efficient manner. Responsible for providing administrative support in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner to the Development and Alumni Relations Department, including but not limited to guest relations via phone, email, or in-person. Provides database update coordination for all donor and alumni demographic, biographical and activity data.
- Provides excellent customer service to all guests by providing friendly and professional experience; Addressing customer/guest complaints or concerns as needed; Provides information about facilities, programs and other services.
- Updates and maintains Banner database with development information such as caseload assignments, Giving societies, demographics information and other development-associated information.
- Assists guests with both online and cash/check donations.
- Answer all incoming calls, have appropriate ORU knowledge to handle caller' inquiries whenever possible; re-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required; forwards generic department emails as appropriate, and fielding questions and providing customer service to guests and callers.
- Assists with creating contact reports in BFPM.
- Compiles constituent mailing and contact lists and reports as requested.
- Processes all outgoing donor acknowledgement letters and giving receipts for all gifts including special donor communications from the Presidential and Vice Presidential level, creates any bounce-back forms; assists with premium fulfillment; updates constituents contact information within all ORU systems. Provide donor financial information and documentation upon request.
- Weekly gift receipts data reporting, create gift receipts and mail them gift receipts for over 5K gifts; process includes receiving signed letters from Associate Director and then creating receipts, labels, copies, scans and contact reports.
- Assists with all levels of non-liquid gift tasks including donor communication, document preparation, information research, and reporting.
- Assists with Planned Giving operational tasks including management of planned giving files, Gift Wrap files; tracking/recording Donor communication (email/phone/mail) for planned giving; assist with preparation of planned giving documents.
- Assist with the pre and post financial tracking information for certain events and or solicitation activities associated with the development department. May include but not limited to working with outside vendors or ORU departments.
- Assists Director of Business Operations with preparation and submissions of paperwork associated with Development and Alumni Relations into all ORU systems, i.e.: ChromeRiver, Information Technology (phones/computers) purchase orders, new hire paperwork/access requests, and issues alumni cards. Independently manages essential daily tasks for the Alumni Relations and Development Office including maintaining multiple calendars and scheduling requests, multiple inboxes, multiple phone lines, while navigating many interruptions.
- Monitor Alumni and Development email inboxes and voicemails
- Update phone extension lists for team
- Assist with new employee logistics and programs (photo shoot for business cards, onboarding paperwork, computer access, etc.)
- Assists in logistical preparation for departmental meetings, events and conference telephone calls as needed.
- Attends department meetings and events, all other duties as assigned.
Requires an Associate's degree and 2-4 years of experience in an administrative position preferred. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Ability to timely manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and have clear communication with guests and students. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, reading, written, mathematical, multitasking, and conflict resolution skills. Must have ability to handle stress and prioritize multi-tasks in an office with high customer/client traffic and calls. Must be self-motivated and be able to handle multi-tasks and demands, make on-the-spot decisions, and be flexible to changes.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Handle multi-tasks in the midst of a sometimes fast-paced office environment.
- Learn to use new database and software systems is required.
- Must be proficient and have a high level of usage in include MS Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times, especially for the purpose of receiving and transmitting information.
- Quickly establish and maintain rapport with alumni, students, parents, faculty, and administration.
- Use sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Regularly scheduled office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00p.m. Occasional work beyond normal schedule may be required.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.