Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
To assist in proper, safe, and efficient general maintenance operation of the CityPlex building. We are currently seeking a mechanically inclined individual who have working knowledge of Entry level or basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, & reasonable mechanical skills.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the buildings which could include but not limited to: repair and maintaining standard lighting fixtures, replacing of ceiling tiles, repairing electrical outlets, minor plumbing repair and maintenance, etc.
- Assist other Technicians & Mechanics with preventive maintenance items as needed.
- Fountain maintenance - maintaining water chemical balance in fountains on company grounds.
- Detect and report any malfunctioning equipment to Chief Mechanic.
- Assist in responding to work requests taking necessary action to correct problem(s).
- Clean areas as needed and report safety discrepancies to Chief Mechanic.
- Inspect/correct River of Life water level & water condition, inspect irrigation system for function and report deficiencies to Chief Mechanic. Removal/deposal of accumulated debris from; Grounds, Parking Lots, Building Perimeters and Trash Compactor area. Frequency: Daily
- Use gas powered trimmer to eliminate grasses and weeds missed by land care contractor, chemical application for weed control on surface parking lots, use gas powered blower to remove debris from pedestrian walkways and power wash specific areas as assigned. Frequency: As needed
- Snow removal from sidewalks and spreading of ice melting products. Ensures sidewalks are safe for customer passage. Frequency: As needed
- Other duties as assigned. May on occasion need to drive company vehicle to pick up parts and/or supplies.
High School diploma or GED preferred.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
Valid Ok Drivers License with an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving company vehicle, tractor and golf cart.
- Must have good interpersonal skills as this position has contact with public.
- Must be able to learn and effectively use all equipment used in all areas of the department.
- Good reading, mathematical, communication, and organizational skills are a must.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.