Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Part Time
The Public Safety Officer performs safety, loss prevention, parking and traffic control duties on the University campus. Conducts regular vehicular and foot patrols and responding to emergency situations as appropriate. The Public Safety Officer enforces University parking and traffic regulations, provides directions and information, and renders assistance to students, faculty, staff, visitors to campus and top executives and their family.
(2) Positions Available
- Maintains a safe and secure campus environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors as well as University buildings, facilities, and grounds by regularly patrolling assigned areas, observing for unauthorized personnel or activities, enforcing University rules, regulations and policies and reporting violations to appropriate authority, checking doors and locks for proper operation, securing and locking buildings and windows as directed, rendering assistance and responding to emergency situations as appropriate.
- Reduces the potential for the loss of life and/or destruction of property by conducting visual surveys for potentially dangerous or unsafe areas, buildings, and conditions, (e.g., inoperative lighting), and making on-the-spot corrections if possible or reporting the conditions to an appropriate authority for correction.
- Enforces University parking and traffic regulations by being knowledgeable of the parking and traffic regulations, advising faculty, students, staff and visitors about the parking rules and regulations, issuing parking tickets, arranging for improperly parked vehicles to be towed from campus and for bicycles to be secured and issued a violation notice.
- Rendering assistance with traffic accidents and assist in preparing reports regarding on-campus traffic accidents.
- Assists in responding to weather, fire, and security emergencies as well as natural disasters by following procedures prescribed in the Policy and Procedures Manual and/or Employee Handbook or as directed by the Supervisor and/or Director of Public Safety and Security.
- Renders assistance to injured students, faculty, staff, and visitors to campus by determining the need for medical attention beyond the capability to provide, contacting the appropriate agency/office to facilitate emergency medical attention, and remaining with the injured person(s) until relieved by an appropriate authority.
- Promotes an awareness of safety issues by talking to students, faculty, staff and visitors regarding safety during normal patrol duties, and conducting briefings as scheduled by the Safety Supervisors.
- Promotes a positive image of the University
- Ensures that information regarding changes to departmental procedures or policies is provided to successive shifts by briefing the subsequent shift regarding such changes and any other information gathered during the shift
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses required by the Supervisor or Director.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Department of Public Safety and Security by adhering to company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Documents incidents on appropriate departmental forms or computer files, whether the incident is considered major or minor in nature.
- Performs special assignments, "pickups" and deliveries as necessary.
- Requires 2 years of experience in a law enforcement or security related field.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word are preferred.
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are a must in regards to effective, consistent and accurate communication with administration, staff, students, parents and the general public. Ability to speak and understand Spanish is a plus. Must maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Must exhibit the ability to take direction and responsibility for follow-up of assigned tasks to ensure they are completed satisfactorily, accurately and on time. Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Must have proven ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making while working without constant supervision and within a framework of specific guidelines.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent is required.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
- Must meet minimum firearms qualifications and requirement of 70% with department handgun.
- Must be bondable.
- CLEET certified/licensed is required within 90 days of employment. Must maintain good standing with the licensing authority with state of Oklahoma and meet all future and current requirements.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving University vehicle.
- Certification for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid is preferred.
- After an offer of employment is made, successful completion of a pre-employment physical, drug test, and agility test are required. Incumbent(s) must successfully pass the agility test throughout employment.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents for eligible positions.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents for eligible positions.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.