Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
The Faculty Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the Assistant to the Provost for Assessment and Exceptional Teaching and Innovation in the duties and responsibilities of the Academy for Exceptional Teaching and Innovation, including maintaining the website. Additionally, the position is responsible for assisting with the operations and functions related to new faculty orientation, faculty promotion, and faculty professional development. The Faculty Support Specialist is responsible for identifying potential grants and assisting in the preparation of grant applications.
Academy for Exceptional Teaching and Innovation:
- Assist with the operations of the Academy for Exceptional Teaching and Innovation
- Assist with editing and updating materials for the Academy website
- Assist with identifying disciplined-specific teaching and learning journals to encourage faculty to publish
- Work on grant-writing projects for the Innovation initiatives for the Academy
Support for New Faculty Orientation and Faculty Promotion
- Assists with other logistics related to new faculty orientation
- Assists with reviewing and updating materials used for the New Faculty Orientation
- Assists with assembling faculty promotion materials
- Assists with the logistics related to professional development events
- Work with IT to help set up electronic component of the event
- Maintains records of the number of events provided, attendees, and evaluation results for PD Events
- Assist with expanding faculty development events beyond ORU faculty
Completes other duties as assigned by the Provost or Assistant to the Provost for Effective Teaching and Innovation
Bachelor's degree required in Education, Business Administration, Technology or related field.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and database software programs required
- Some knowledge of and experience with website design
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively required
- Skill, knowledge, and ability to communicate with a broad constituency required
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.