Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Admissions Representatives are responsible for recruitment of online learners, serving as a student's point of contact through the time the student is admitted to ORU. The successful applicant will be responsible for presenting the career opportunities, the school, the campus, and its programs to prospective students and acting as direct resource for students as they begin their journey with ORU.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Positive and friendly with a supportive and understanding towards to students.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and be able to articulate information well, both verbally and in written form.
- Must have an eye for detail due to the need for accurate record keeping/recording of information that is personal, monetary, and time-sensitive related.
- Must be self-motivated, be driven to meet goals, possess a strong work ethic.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times regarding both student records and internally sensitive information.
- Communicates with prospective students and develops relationship with prospects and leads them as they explore the educational opportunities presently by online study with ORU. Determines the quality or validity of interest levels from various resources determining what defines a potentially high-yielding, high-interest prospect versus one that is not. Responsible to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides counsel for prospective students, and parents as needed, regarding online academic programs of study and program requirements. Responsible to provide accurate information and answer questions regarding how a student applies for financial aid. Accountable for maintaining relationship with a designated pool of applicants, including informing applicants of acceptance, communicating relevant information with them and leading them along the admissions process.
- Once students have been admitted to ORU, continues to serve as a point of contact that sees them through to the beginning of class, assisting them as they complete their registration steps. Introduces them to and connects them with their Enrollment and Graduation Advisors as well as the Student Service Group as well.
- Responds to selected correspondence received in the Online Enrollment Office and initiates correspondence to selected prospects via letter, e-mails, cards, etc. Provides each with appropriate information sometimes requiring problem solving with students having issues with regards to acceptance and/or special circumstances that may have a direct impact or their acceptance to the university.
- Serves as the primary individual who determines the success of a student's acceptance to the university. Works on behalf of potential students that will enable them to accomplish all aspects of their matriculation into the university. Motivates student to complete their admissions file. Determines issues that may be inhibiting movement through the system and works to resolve the issues. Resolves any unique issues that arises requiring special follow-up (i.e., prior arrests or convictions).
- Represents the University's online programs at University events as requested.
- Responsible for other recruitment tasks as assigned.
High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Two (2) years of related work experience in consultative sales, marketing, customer service or related field required.
Must be computer literate to include: Word, Excel and Power Point. The ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Potential travel required. Means of travel may vary. This will include one's personal vehicle, a university leased vehicle, or travel by air. Must have a valid driver's license. Travel will require occasional to frequent overnight stays in other cities.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.