Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
This position is tasked with the safe transportation of students, staff and others to various locations on-campus as well as the Nursing Engineering Center. Great for individuals seeking part-time work with a flexible work schedule. Ideal for someone who is enthusiastic, good with people and and reliable. This is a part-time, seasonal role with a *$500 signing bonus. Work hours 6:30 AM - 9:30 AM or 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM.
*To receive signing bonus, individual must be employed with ORU for 6 consecutive months and in good standing. Performance will be reviewed at the 90-day mark as well as at the conclusion of the 6-month period. Flexible work hours, Monday - Friday.
- Ensure vehicles are inspected for road worthiness, i.e. oil, tires, signals and lights, brakes, gas. Performs pre and post trip vehicle safety inspections. Ensures all auto repair requests are timely submitted and corrected.
- Doesn't drive any vehicle that is deemed to be unsafe to drive and maintains a clean bus at all times.
- Obeys all traffic laws and CDL requirements-operating the bus at a rate of speed that is reasonable and prudent for the existing conditions.
- Primarily drives students and faculty to and from campus and NEC facility. Transports students and ORU guests to and from airport and event locations.
- Assists handicap persons on and off bus lift platform and ensures the safety of all passengers
- Completes annual CDL medical certification and drug screening.
- Prioritizes safety and reports immediately any involvement in accident or traffic violation.
- Knowledgeable of how to safely exit highway, park vehicle, and emplace safety triangles-safely navigates adverse weather conditions (snow, rain, ice, fog).
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
- Valid United States class B or C commercial driver's license is required.
- Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving University vehicle(s). ORU online defensive driving course is required.
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL), class B with Passenger and School Bus endorsement.
- Driver possesses good verbal and interpersonal skills are required for effective, consistent and accurate communication with staff, students, faculty, VIP's, and the general public. Must maintain a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Ability to take direction and follow-up on assigned tasks to ensure satisfactory, accurate, and timely completion.
- 1 + years of experience driving a school bus (training provided for the right applicant).
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Matched retirement savings.
sitting, standing, stooping, walking, manual dexterity for operation office machines and vehicles. Vision to include: near, visual accommodation, color, field of vision, peripheral and depth perception. Good hearing and color and depth perception is required. Lifting up to fifty pounds is sometimes required (usually luggage items).
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.