Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Part Time
To assist in proper, safe, and efficient general maintenance operation of the CityPlex building.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the buildings which could include but not limited to: repair and maintaining standard lighting fixtures, replacing of ceiling tiles, repairing electrical outlets, minor plumbing repair and maintenance, etc.
- Assist other Technicians & Mechanics with preventive maintenance items as needed.
- Fountain maintenance - maintaining water chemical balance in fountains on company grounds.
- Seasonal snow removal from sidewalks and spreading of ice melting products. Ensures sidewalks are safe for customer passage.
- Detect and report any malfunctioning equipment to Chief Mechanic.
- Assist in responding to work requests taking necessary action to correct problem(s).
- Clean areas as needed and report safety discrepancies to Chief Mechanic. Other duties as assigned. May on occasion need to drive company vehicle to pick up parts and/or supplies.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED preferred.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S): Valid Ok Drivers License with an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving company vehicle.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Entry level or basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, & reasonable mechanical skills. Must have good interpersonal skills as this position has contact with public. Must be able to learn and effectively use all equipment used in all areas of the department. Good reading, mathematical, communication, and organizational skills are a must.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents for eligible positions.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents for eligible positions.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: Sitting, standing, stooping, walking, kneeling, crouching, squatting, crawling, climbing, twisting of upper body, handling by seizing, holding, grasping, or turning hands, but without finger dexterity, and balancing to prevent falling or erratic movement, climbing hand-over-hand. Vision to include near, far, color, depth perception. Manual dexterity for operation of equipment/machines. Exposure to: fumes, odors, chemicals, heat, cold, weather element, occasional electrical hazards associated with job. Lifting up to 50 lbs. of equipment. This position performs tasks in areas that have limited exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.