Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Sim Lab Staff team member. Assists Sim Lab Manager and faculty with sim labs specific to clinical nursing courses. Assists students with practicing sim lab skills. Tutors students.
- Assists faculty with clinical simulation activities
- Sets up equipment & supplies for course sim labs.
- Assists with supervision of students' sim lab learning activities.
- Assists with maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of sim lab.
- Provides support for students and faculty with use of Laerdal SimMan3G and other patient-care models.
- Participates in developing, implementing, and evaluating clinical scenarios for students' simulated nursing practice in sim lab setting.
- Tutors students in medical terminology, technical skills, dosage calculation, and other nursing topics as needed.
- Manages oversight of students during practice and/or skill development.
- Coordinates with faculty to achieve expected student learning outcomes (SLOs).
- Promotes an orderly Sim Lab environment
- Assists with maintaining adequate inventory of supplies.
- Maintains Sim Lab models in good working order.
- Stores equipment and supplies when not in use.
- Administers computerized tests as needed and supervises students taking these exams.
- Conducts CPR training to assure that students maintain currency of training.
- Maintains log of students' activities including skills practice and tutoring.
- Assists with other related duties as assigned or required.
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
Current Oklahoma Licensure as a Registered Nurse
BLS Instructor certification preferred
Requires two years full-time experience as a Registered Nurse prior to appointment.
Good knowledge of math & science; reading & writing skills; communication & interpersonal skills; time management & organizational skills; computer skills including use of MS Office.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
Must adhere to the Code of Honor Pledge for Oral Roberts University.
This position requires the following Background Check:
o 10-panel drug screen
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to:
sitting, standing, stooping, walking, handling by seizing, holding, grasping, or turning hands, but without finger dexterity, occasional lifting up to 25 pounds of equipment, and manual dexterity for the operation of office machines and/or equipment. Vision to include near, far, color, visual accommodation, and depth perception. Must be able to hear clearly and distinctly.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.