Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
The Director of Residential Services provides leadership for the operations of the Housing Department. Oversees and manages all housing services to include exceptional customer service to students concerning all residential needs.
- Directs the entire operation of the Housing Department including logistical, administrative, staff, and fiscal management.
- Provides leadership, development and training for team members of the Housing Department.
- Interviews and hires housing staff in accordance with University guidelines and policies. Conducts performance reviews on staff in the required period. Counsels staff regarding performance related issues.
- Facilitates and coordinates weekly inspection, with other service areas, of the residence hall living conditions and specific inspections during University breaks (fall, spring, Christmas, and summer).
- Meets consistently with the housing staff for the purpose of information gathering, feedback, updates, progress reports, etc.
- Works in conjunction with the Student Development Office to assist students with any housing requests to include room changes, maintenance requests, etc.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of and adhere to the applicable NCAA, Conference, University and department rules and regulations as related to residential housing. Generate weekly reports regarding residence hall statistics, inspections, open dorm statistics and updates. This includes items: cleanliness, damages, repairs, residence hall activities, etc.
- Directs and provides input and approve the overall scheduling procedures for front desk personnel in the residence halls.
- Reviews nightly reports provided by each residence hall.
- Provides On-Call responsibility as it relates to desk coverage or housing emergencies.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with University Departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelors degree in a related field. Master's preferred.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years administrative work experience, preferably in a student services setting.
Must be computer literate and proficient with Word, Excel, and Power Point. Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have an eye for detail due to the need for accurate record keeping/recording of information that is personal, monetary, and time-sensitive related. Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand work environment while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
Must be able to articulate thoughts well for the purpose of effectively communicating information in written form, in verbal form, in electronic form, one-on-one, in groups or in large public settings, etc. Must have the ability to effectively work with staff, administration, students, and parents from varying cultural backgrounds.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, stooping, twisting of upper body, manual dexterity for use of office machines and equipment. Must have the ability to hear clearly and distinctly for effective communication with parents, students, faculty and staff both in person and through electronic means. Vision to include: near, far, ability to distinguish colors, depth perception, and the ability to bring objects into focus.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.