Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Responsible for the efficient operation and management of the Mabee Center Business Office and assists the General Manager in performing administrative and office support functions. Responsible for coordinating Mabee Center event payroll and accounting activities to ensure accurate and efficient business operations and processes. Although the position has accounting responsibilities, this role will focus heavily on providing administrative support to the Mabee Center General Manager.
- Answer telephone for the General Manager, screen calls, take messages, return calls as required.
- With information provided by the General Manager, prepare contracts to lease the Mabee Center and other campus facilities. Set up files for each event, follow up to assure that contracts and deposits are returned, insurance is received, invoices are issued, and final payments are received within the specified time limit.
- Process all payroll to pay event employees. Completing all forms (I-9, W-4, background check, etc.) and submitting to Human Resources. Maintain a current list of independent contractors and process their payroll through accounts payable. Process payment for vendors.
- Maintain a current list of temporary employees who have complete their paperwork and passed the background check. Edit Kronos time cards for Payroll as necessary.
- Open mail for General Manager, organizing according to priority. Open and distribute mail addressed to "Mabee Center Business Office". Type correspondence for General Manager. Oversee the processing of requisitions, reports, forms, and other data for Mabee Center personnel.
- Train student workers who provide coverage of Guest Relations Desk during events and oversee scheduling of student workers. Participate with the Building Manager in interviewing applicants for various positions at the Mabee Center.
- Collect necessary data on all Mabee Center events and create Profit/Loss Statements for each event. Create an annual report for tax accounting. Create an annual report for risk management to be used to help determine necessary insurance coverage for the Mabee Center.
- Collect information for weekly overtime requests, research artists on the internet and in trade publications, make travel reservations, prepare Banner requisitions, maintain office machines, maintain and distribute a list of extensions, cell phone numbers, home phone numbers, and office numbers of all Mabee Center personnel and frequently called University personnel. Order supplies needed for Operations and Ticket Office. Perform duties as assigned by the Mabee Center General Manager.
Requires a High School diploma. Prefer some college coursework or a degree.
Requires three (3) years secretarial or general office experience. Must have computer experience to include MS Word and Excel, and knowledge of accounting/payroll principles and general office machines. Must be able to learn and effectively use Organizational Chart, Calendar Creator, and Event Management System (EMS) systems. Must be detail oriented, work well under stress, and able to meet deadlines. Must have leadership skills and the ability to respond well to a variety of situations. Good reading, mathematical, oral, written, interpersonal, multitasking, organizational skills a must.
Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
Must adhere to the Code of Honor Pledge for Oral Roberts University.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.