Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Supports the Online & Lifelong Learning department/director in operational tasks including (1) submitting and tracking approved online teaching assignments through the digital signature process and assisting the director with other digital forms related to online schedule management, (2) updating online student academic Education Plans, (3) maintaining and communicating official Online & Lifelong Learning textbook adoptions to the ORU Bookstore, (4) supporting the instructional design team with project scheduling and contract workflows, (5) tracking online faculty loads, and (6) acting as a communication liaison between the director and other internal and external parties. This individual will also be trained on lower-level LMS functionality and troubleshooting in order to provide LMS support during seasons that incur a high volume of support requests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Submits and tracks approved online teaching assignments through the digital signature process (presently Adobe Sign) and assists the director with other digital forms related to online schedule management.
- Updates online student academic Education Plans belonging to online-degree students who have passed their previous term's courses.
- Maintains and communicates official Online & Lifelong Learning textbook adoptions to the ORU Bookstore.
- Supports the instructional design team with project scheduling and contract workflows.
- Assists the director with tracking online faculty teaching loads and ensuring that all aspects of online faculty load and teaching assignments are shared appropriately with the office of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Acts as a communication liaison between the director and other internal and external parties. This will include monitoring the director's phone line and responding to calls on behalf of the director.
- Provides lower-level LMS support during seasons that incur a high volume of support requests.
- Other tasks as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED Required. Associates Degree or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
Requires two years of job experience preferably in higher education staff/administration. Prior experience in working with adult learners preferred. Will be an ambassador for ORU and must be able to perform as such. Must be able to exhibit genuine enthusiasm about ORU; be sensitive to the needs of adult learners, faculty, and staff members; and communicate well with them.
Must be computer-literate. Experience working in D2L/Brightspace (ORU's LMS) is beneficial. Must have a basic working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Good reading, mathematical, oral, written, grammatical, proofreading, computer, and organizational skills are a must. Must be able to articulate thoughts well and have an eye for detail. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are paramount for effective communication with people from various backgrounds and cultures.
Incumbent must be naturally a self-starter. Position requires accuracy of data entry, critical thinking, ability to multi-task, and strong interpersonal skills.
Must have the ability to:
- Maintain composure in a fast-pace, high-pressure environment and be willing to work additional hours during peak enrollment times.
- Work both as a team member and independently.
- Use sound judgment regarding organizational and departmental regulations, procedures, and policies.
- Handle multi-tasks in the midst of a sometimes fast-paced office and event related environment.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times, especially for the purpose of receiving and transmitting information.
- Quickly establish and maintain rapport with students, parents, faculty, alumni, and administration.
- Maintain high confidentiality of information, given the nature and scope of information that is available in this and other interrelated offices.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to:
Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of office machines/equipment. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color, and depth perception. Must be able to hear sound(s) clearly and distinctly in order to effectively respond to or reiterate information to recipients.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.