Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
The Special Projects and Campus Events Coordinator will be a facility and event representative for Oral Roberts University. The position requires the coordination of events and building upkeep in the ONEOK Sports Complex, J.L. Johnson Baseball Stadium, H.A. Chapman Indoor Facility, Case Soccer Complex, Nursing and Engineering Complex, Global Learning Center, Armand Hammer Alumni-Student Center, Christ's Chapel, Howard Auditorium, Timko-Barton Music Hall, Mabee Center, ORU Sports Park, Skyline60 and Campus Grounds. The position also requires the coordination of most other on campus events, Summer Camps & Conferences and third-party event rentals. This includes organizing, supervising and coordinating auxiliary support services and personnel. The position also requires assisting in coordinating projects in other campus buildings as needed.
- Coordinating events such as Campus Events, Chapel services, Student Association Activities, and Special Events. Includes event setup, event monitoring, VIP needs, security, and patron safety, exterior signage, and parking supervision. Supervise clean-up/maintenance of facilities following each of the events.
- Coordinate the delivery, pick-up or set-up of event related items including tables, chairs, podiums, projector, etc.
- Coordinate registration and the set up for summer camps and conferences to include equipment, tables, chairs, and ushers. Supervise children during the events. Insure rooms are prepared and ready for specific events, based on the type of camp that is being held.
- Processing event related work orders, purchase requisitions, travel requisitions, and departmental charge backs for summer camps & conferences, as well as other events throughout the year.
- Supervise staff of student workers to insure quality of work, assign duties and schedule informational sessions. Verifying and approving student timecards.
- Oversee miscellaneous duties such as training student workers, assists in the timely completion of job assignments, assess the status of Campus Event supplies and equipment. Routine inspections of buildings and rooms to insure cleanliness, proper set-up and potential safety hazards.
- Coordinates staff and equipment for campus events such as Chapel services, Student Association Activities, Student Clubs and Organizations, events contracted with outside clientele, and all on-campus events.
- Answering telephones, taking messages, checking messages, fax transmissions and related duties.
- Assists the Director by serving as events manager for specific, assigned events.
- Assists the Director at University sponsored events at the Nursing and Engineering Complex, Global Learning Center, Christ's Chapel, ONEOK Sports Complex, Case Soccer Complex, Howard Auditorium, ORU Sports Park, GC/LRC and other campus facilities.
- Oversees the training of all Summer Camp/Conference staff, Campus Event Staff, Soccer and Baseball Event staff.
- Oversees and coordinates the tasks and responsibilities of the CES/Facility Services Staff and student staff.
- Coordinates and oversees event setups in campus facilities to ensure that all event requests are completed, as well as coordinating with the Mabee Center Event Coordinators to ensure event coverage. Duties of the Campus Event Coordinator will be interchangeable with the Mabee Center Event Coordinators so that any work needed or support could be picked-up should any assistance be needed.
- Attends events as assigned by Director and attends meetings with campus departments to coordinate events and services.
Requires a High School diploma or GED. College coursework in related field preferred.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
Must have a valid Oklahoma driver's license for the use of company vehicles.
- Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have an eye for detail. Must be able to handle multi-tasks and demands, make on-the-spot decisions and be flexible to changes. Supervisory experience is helpful. Must be able to articulate instructions well.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to motivate and organize staff. Should be able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment as the situation dictates.
- Must have the ability to effectively work with staff, administration, students, and parents from varying cultural backgrounds. Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand work environment while always maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to:
Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, manual dexterity for use of office machines and equipment and occasional light to heavy lifting. Must have the ability to hear clearly and distinctly for effective communication with clients, parents, students, faculty and staff. Vision to include: near, far, depth perception, ability to distinguish colors and the ability to bring objects into focus.
Coordination of the events may involve both inside and outside work under all elements (i.e. weather, hour that event may be taking place, multiple events that will happen at the same time).
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.