Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
Lighting design and implementation for ORU concerts and events. Responsible for all lighting inventory and maintenance of lighting equipment. Primary intelligent lighting programmer for chapels, concerts and other ORU special events in Mabee Center and other venues on campus.
Assists in the setup, installation, planning and operation of audio, visual and lighting equipment on the ORU campus. Assists the Production Director and the Production Manager on special AV projects. Assists other Audio & Visual Engineer's with concert and production setup, operation and teardown of pro AVL equipment. Experience with Grand MA lighting consoles and visualization software such as WYSIWYG are required.
- Lighting design and operation for ORU concerts and events. Works in conjunction with clients to provide lighting design to enhance the event.
- Works with fellow AVL engineers in meeting sound, video and lighting requirements for assigned University, Mabee Center, GLC and outside client events and that are held on campus.
- Works in conjunction with fellow audio & visual engineers by providing primary oversight of audio, visual and lighting (AVL) equipment during functions as instructed. Insures successful performance of equipment.
- Events include but not limited to: Concerts, Chapel Services, Campus Worship, meetings, classes, lectures, special events, sporting events, etc.
- Provides setup and operation of equipment for scheduled events.
- Assists in the installation of new AVL systems in various facilities on campus including event spaces and lecture halls.
- Schedules and oversees student workers and equipment to fulfill EMS and AV Requisitions for events and classes or lectures.
- Processes EMS Requisitions containing Audio & Visual Services information and updates event calendar.
- Repair and maintenance of department equipment, cables, etc. Primary person for lighting equipment inventory and/or repairs and maintenance.
- Calculates charges for ORU events with technical requirement and submitting to the Director of Audio & Visual Services
- Prepares proposals for replacement, repair, and preventive maintenance of audio, visual and lighting support equipment. Contacts proposed vendors, prepares price estimates, Purchase Requisitions, etc.
Requires High School diploma or GED and two years of related coursework.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver's license and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving University vehicle.
- Requires a minimum of three years of work as a student worker OR two years full-time experience working in a similar entertainment center/event or educational AVL type setting. Must have working knowledge of large-scale lighting, sound and video reinforcement systems and have experience and aptitude for intelligent lighting design for event and concert environment.
- Proven ability in operating audio-visual-lighting equipment, including sound systems, video projection systems, computer-based video presentations, general A/V equipment and intelligent lighting equipment. Must have a working knowledge of large-scale sound reinforcement systems and experience with setting up and/or operation of pro AVL equipment. Requires the ability to read and understand charts, diagrams, schematics and/or blueprints.
- Ability to create lighting plots in Vectorworks or similar CAD software. Must have working knowledge of large-scale lighting networks using sACN and Artnet protocols. A general understanding of electrical load calculations, as well as working knowledge of safe rigging practices is required.
- Previous experience in supervising student workers or other staff personnel is strongly preferred. Must be computer literate to include Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good interpersonal, written, mathematical, and verbal communication skills are a must in regards to effective, consistent and accurate communication with related staff, student workers and the general public. Must be able to trouble-shoot problems, provide suitable solutions quickly and accurately, and work under stress.
- Must exhibit the ability to take direction and responsibility for follow-up of assigned tasks to ensure they are completed satisfactorily, accurately, and on time.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multi-tasks in the midst of a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes-unpredictable work environment. Requires the ability to work without constant supervision and within a framework of specific guidelines.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Maintains compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policy and its' procedures.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to:
Sitting, standing, bending, stooping, walking, crouching, manual dexterity for operation of electronic equipment related to the field and office machines/computer equipment, twisting of upper body, and the ability to climb hand-over-hand. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color, peripheral and depth perception. Must have the ability to hear sounds clearly and distinctly in order to be able to distinguish tonal variances. There will be occasional exposure to dust/mites, and electrical hazards associated with related equipment. Occasional to frequent lifting of up to 75 pounds or more.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.