Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
- Fulfill frequent senior administration requests for documents and information, under HSRC Director's direction: President, Provost, VP External Relations, VP Development & Alumni
- Continue processing the 50-year old archival backlog
- Preserve, arrange, describe, and index archival holdings through an archival management system.
- Answer external inquiries regarding institutional history using archival holdings
- Host vetted guest researchers
Reference Research Assistant
- Help students and faculty research using library resources in person and by phone, email, text, and chat
- Process Interlibrary Loan requests and maintain records and statistics
- Supervise student workers and oversee library services during evening and weekend hours
- Perform other duties assigned by HSRC Director and Head of Access Services and their designees
- 30% Arrange, describe, index, and file archival holdings.
- 15% Fulfill archival research requests in consultation with the HSRC director
- 10% Fulfill other archival duties as required
- 20% Help library users research with library resources; Supervise library student workers during weekend and evening hours; Delegate work for student workers; Prepare signage for Access Services; Ensure compliance with library policies and procedures while on duty; Oversee safety procedures in case of emergency (e.g. severe weather, power outage, etc.)
- 15% Process Interlibrary Loan requests and maintain records and statistics
- 5% Assist with creation of library knowledge base and other web assets
- 5% Other projects and duties as directed
- Earned bachelor's degree
- Current enrollment in MLIS program, an MLIS degree, or significant work experience in an academic library
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of library resources and tools, including databases and library catalog
- Experience in archival work
- Requires the ability to set priorities; organize and adjust/manage seasonal peaks in work load; ascertain and understand common reference problems while providing suitable solutions; follow prescribed routines and procedures; and the ability to work without supervision.
- Strongly prefer clerical and technical experience, as well as a working knowledge of library automation and MS Office software.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS include but are not limited to sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, climbing stairs, pushing and/or pulling, repetitive motion, reaching, manual dexterity, twisting of upper body, and lifting of up to 25 lbs. on occasion. Must be able to hear clearly and distinctly. Vision requirements are: near, far, depth perception, the ability to bring objects into sharp focus, and to read small print and information displayed on monitors and microform readers.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.