Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
The Communications Manager will perform creative, logistical, and operational project management in relation to the preparation and execution of communication projects, programs, and initiatives. Tasks may range from preparing and executing communication from all available channels, to serving as a liaison between internal departments and external vendors, to creating major donor fundraising proposals and major donor updates for specific funding initiatives with the highest level of customer service in relation to department and university initiatives. The Communications Manager will also develop and drive initiatives within the organization's strategic branding and identity standards within budget parameters.
- Serve as the primary project manager and creative liaison for all communication projects relating to Development and Alumni Relations. Projects include: email campaigns, social media, digital signage, web content, brochures, mailings, and other communication pieces.2 Work independently or with the Associate Director of Donor Relations to generate and proofread copy directed to a variety of audiences, mainly alumni and donors, but may include media, students, faculty, staff, and other constituents to supplement the overall creative needs of the project request.
- Coordinate the production of graphics for digital and print communications including advertisements, booklets, brochures, posters, signage, etc.
- Serve as the primary individual for creating and maintaining all VP level presentations and communications including presentations, handouts, reports, donor proposals, and funding updates.
- Independently manage and produce a variety of donor specific communication initiatives including major donor fundraising proposals and donor funding update pieces (securing photos, student stories, video clips, etc.) from conception to completion, while working closely with the Development and Alumni Relations team to deliver timely and effective results.
- Oversee the creative, planning, and implementation of various activities and engagement opportunities for donor giving societies, including management of monthly donor welcome kits and project specific thank you touches (letters, cards, photos, videos, etc.), special events, and other avenues as directed.
- Work with outside vendors such as writers, creative agencies, printers and mail houses. Work with Development Manager to secure and appropriate mailing lists and other data needed.
- Must maintain brand standard and produce high-quality results and manage projects from conception to completion.
- Maintain the internal communications calendar and strategize with the VP on timing, release dates, and messaging. Contribute to the Development and Alumni Relations adaptive plan on relevant areas.
- May, from time to time, concierge guests who visit or call the Office of Development & Alumni Relations, including major donors, corporate and ministry leaders, and alumni and friends. Work with department staff to ensure the VIP guest needs are met at the highest standard.
- May, from time to time, attend meetings, events, and other gatherings as needed serving as a department delegate in the highest professional manner.
A Bachelor's degree is required. Bachelor's degree in communication, PR, marketing, or other associated development areas is preferable.
Requires a minimum of two years communication experience to include dealing with the public and outside agencies. Must have excellent working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite. Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, reading, written, mathematical, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to multi-task and self-manage. Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong work ethic, good judgment and maturity. Must have ability to handle stress and prioritize multi-tasks in an office with high customer/client traffic and calls. Ability to juggle multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and have clear communication with co-workers and external vendors. Ability to create in an intense, sometimes-distracting office atmosphere with frequent interruptions. This person should be "well-read," naturally inquisitive about people, and exhibit an innate desire for interaction. Must self-motivated be able to handle multi-tasks and demands, make on-the-spot decisions, and be flexible to changes. Computer experience must include Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Banner, Wealth Management a plus.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, twisting of upper body, minimal lifting of up to 25 pounds, the ability to climb hand-over-hand and manual dexterity for the operation of office machines and/or equipment. Vision to include: near, far, color, visual accommodation, depth perception and field of vision. Must be able to hear clearly and distinctly.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.