- Full Time
Provides library reference service to students and faculty and other general library assistance; functions as library liaison for the College of Science and Engineering; collection development, library instruction and participation in development of information literacy tools and content.
- Provide reference service (research help, etc.) both in person and remotely by phone, email, and other online tools, during assigned shifts and by appointment.
- Assist with patron issues in the library and with technology resources during assigned shifts.
- Create and maintain library guides and web pages in support of library services and needs of students and faculty.
- Teach library instruction sessions for general education, upper division, and graduate classes as needed and help develop information literacy resources and services
- Assume responsibility for collection development for College of Science and Engineering (COSE), meeting with COSE faculty regularly, both at scheduled meetings and proactively to facilitate input for collection development.
- Analyze library book collection for currency and adequate coverage to support COSE programs and deselect items as needed.
- Assist with Collection Development with other areas as needed.
- Monitor and process ILL requests, including delivery of items to patrons, updating OCLC and internal records and statistics.
- MLS or MLIS from ALA-accredited program
- Previous public services experience, preferably in an academic library
Benefits & Perks
1. Complete the ORU online faculty application
2. Please provide transcripts from all Colleges or Universities listed on your and application
3. Please provide names and e-mail addresses for three references