Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL MARCH 1, 2021.
- Full Time
Assists in all energy savings projects and the safe and efficient operation, repair and maintenance of all equipment within CityPlex complexes as assigned by the Chief Engineer, Chief Mechanic, Assistant Chief Mechanic and Energy Manager. Maintains an attitude of cooperation between tenants and department employees. Responds to complaints and troubleshoot accurate solutions to problems.
- Assist in all projects relating to energy savings. Install equipment and controls related energy monitoring.
- Troubleshoot, replace or repair all components of air handling units including T-stats, RC panel filters, EP, PE switches; rebuild motors, coils and contacts.
- Maintain components related to the BAS and Energy monitoring systems.
- Troubleshoot and preventively maintain all chill water system problems that may cause an increase in energy usage.
- Assist plant engineers with any problems that may arise on shift.
- Carry out all routine maintenance to energy monitoring systems and controls as directed.
- Performs repairs on all equipment that is reported to be malfunctioning with no supervision. Equipment includes all air handling units, kitchen equipment, central sterile, operating room equipment, and any other equipment under the Plant Operations/Maintenance Department. This, however, excludes all biomedical, communications, data processing, paging systems, etc. equipment. Other duties as assigned. Must be willing to perform these duties on rotating shifts and on weekends. These duties are to be performed at any time during the eight (8) or ten (10) hour shift.
- May on occasion need to drive company vehicle to pick up parts and/or supplies.
- Carries out minor electrical modifications such adding circuits, outlets, upgrade lighting, CCTV, etc.
High School diploma or GED preferred. Must possess a valid Ok Drivers License and have an excellent driving record for the purpose of driving company vehicle. Requires two (2) years electrical experience and above average PC skills. Must have a good working knowledge of DDC and electrical controls. Must work well with the public.
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: visual requirements include color vision, near vision, far vision, depth perception and the ability to bring objects into sharp focus. Working indoors and outdoors -- could include periods of extreme temperatures and extreme noise. Sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting of upper body, and climbing hand-over-hand.
Will be exposed to mechanical hazards, electrical hazards, high pressure steam hazards, radiation hazards, fume/odor hazards, dust/mites and chemical hazards. Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.