Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ALL POSITIONS UNTIL FILLED.
- Full Time
The Center for Global Leadership champions curricular and co-curricular leadership development in cooperation with Academics, Student Life, Athletics, and HR to advance the ORU mission: To develop Holy Spirit-empowered leaders through whole person education to impact the world.
Key Center Functions
The Center for Global Leadership serves as a hub for uniting, leveraging, and driving leadership development across the university. The Executive Director:
- Champions leadership across campus as a member of the Leadership Oversight Committee
- Engages faculty and students in a dynamic exchange on the questions of leadership development for the 21st century from a Spirit-empowered perspective
- Helps shape and demonstrate a vibrant Spirit-empowered leadership ethos that equips students to impact the expanded Tulsa community and ultimately the world
- Embraces new technologies to bring leadership to bear in creative and transformative ways
- Envision and drive the leadership degrees of the future
- Advances university capacities to serve globally as the premier University for Spirit-empowered leadership development
- Fundraising capacities: Superb communication; relationship building; donor planning and implementation; individual and group presentations; and tracking and measuring effectiveness, among others
- Promotes Spirit-Empowered Leadership through original college research and publications
- Contributes to preparedness of ORU students and graduates to discover and implement solutions for the world's greatest challenges
- Works toward establishing a global network of Spirit-empowered leaders
- Contributes to the meaning and importance on Whole Person (Spirit, Mind, and Body) Spirit-Empowered Leadership for faculty and students
- Advances academic programs through Global Leadership Badges, Micro-credentials, and Degrees
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, execute, and advance all components for this dynamic new university Center, in the context of the university mission and University 5-Year Adaptive Plan
- Equip a diverse student population to understand and grow in personal and spiritual leadership capacities-with an emphasis in global awareness
- Work with the Leadership Oversight Committee to increase student capacities to recognize and respond to the greatest challenges of the day, through engagement, experiential learning, and hands-on leadership practice labs
- Uses independent judgement to develop and execute a comprehensive co-curricular leadership development program (with strategic business plan) in coordination with goals and objectives driven by the University 5-Year Adaptive Plan
- Demonstrates Spirit-empowered leadership with strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic planning, and implementation skills with minimal supervision
- Presents bi-annual co-curricular training workshops and seminars for ORU faculty and staff to strengthen leadership development through teaching, student advising, mentoring, service projects, and internships, etc.
- Plans and organizes leadership development conferences and events for ORU students, as well as prospective students
- Tracks and partners with national and international leadership organizations in ways that build the university leadership brand
- Advises on current university on-campus and online leadership majors and minors while recommending new badges, micro-credentials, degrees, and certificates that target market demand
- Oversees the incorporation and development of student assessment goals-created in conjunction with faculty, colleges, and the Leadership Oversight Committee
- Presents bi-annual co-curricular workshops and seminars for ORU faculty and staff to strengthen leadership development through teaching student advising, mentoring, service projects, and internships
- Serve as representative of the Center to prospective students and families at University-wide recruitment events
- Provide supervision to Center fellows/graduate assistants, and student workers
- Create baseline of student leadership development, track progress, and ensure database maintenance
- Provide oversight for a Center flagship publication
- Designs and facilitates leadership development workshops and conferences
- Builds an effective team of leaders within the Center by providing guidance and coaching to staff/subordinates, and develops and maintains exceptional Christian relationships with all constituencies of the university
- Actively participates in events and assigned duties that support the mission of the university
- Speak on behalf of the university and guest lecture, upon request to constituents
- Some travel, as well as evening and weekend work may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- In depth knowledge of leadership principles and best practices, including cross-cultural leadership experience
- Outstanding record of leadership knowledge abilities
- Proven thought leadership in an academic, organization, or ministry context
- Track record developing successful programs, strategies, and plans
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Experience in developing academic programs
- Graduate degree minimum in relevant field
Benefits & Perks
Great Company Culture. Enjoy a Christian atmosphere.
Make No Little Plans Here. Everything you do makes a difference.
Great Team Members. People you'll enjoy being around.
Improve Your Health. Free access to the on-campus aerobic center.
Stay Sharp. Access to the ORU library and discounted tuition for yourself and dependents.
Rest and Relaxation. 10 days of paid vacation, 5 sick days and 10 days of paid holidays.
Fair Compensation. Based on your skills and experience.
Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, matched retirement savings and tuition for yourself and dependents.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS will include but not be limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting of upper body, and manual dexterity for operation of any office machines or equipment. Vision to include: near, far, visual accommodation, color, and depth perception. Must be able to hear sound(s) clearly and distinctly in order to effectively receive, understand and reiterate information.
Oral Roberts University employs, advances, admits, and treats in its employment and educational programs all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a veteran or genetic information.